PdF:De2MK_KRNO Early Modern Times - Course Information
De2MK_KRNO Culture of the Early Modern TimesFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/.8. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- PhDr. Kamil Štěpánek, CSc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- PhDr. Kamil Štěpánek, CSc.
Department of History - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: prof. PhDr. Jaroslav Vaculík, CSc.
Supplier department: Department of History - Faculty of Education
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
- Course objectives
- At the end of the course students should be able to understand and explain chosen themes dealing with cultural epochs of early modern period. The attention is paid to: lifestyle, world view, architecture, painting and sculpture of the period.
- The great chapters of Italian renaissance: the early Florentine renaissance, the top renaissance – Michelangelo Buonarroti, Rafael Santi, Leonardo da Vinci, the late Venetian renaissance (Venetian painting school). Culture, lifestyle and world-view of the period.
- 2. Transalpine renaissance. Renaissance and reformation (catholic regeneration and counter- reformation).
- 3. The art of dynamic and classic baroque, rococo. Culture, lifestyle and world-view.
- 4. The enlightement and classicism.
- GOMBRICH, E. H. Příběh umění. Translated by Miroslava Gregorová. Vyd. 1. Praha: Odeon, 1992. 558 s. ISBN 8020704167. info
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- Colloquium.Presentation of relevant theme.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 10k.