PdF:CJp315 Linguistic Analysis 1 - Course Information
CJp315 Linguistic Analysis 1Faculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- PaedDr. Květoslava Klímová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Jana Marie Tušková, Ph.D.
Department of Czech Language and Literature - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Petra Rozbořilová
Supplier department: Department of Czech Language and Literature - Faculty of Education
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- CJp315/01: Thu 13:00–14:50 učebna 11, K. Klímová
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Secondary School Teacher Training in Czech Language (programme PdF, N-SS)
- Course objectives
- The purpose of the subject is an application of the linguistic and didactic knowledges to the text analysis in the term of phonetics, lexicology, morphology, syntaxis and orthography.
Attention is paid to the spelling errors and effecients (punctuation, capital letters, consonant groups), grammatical mistakes and some other morphological phenomena (terminations of substantives or verbs, spelling of pronouns, numerals), correct using of words and lexical units.
At the end of this course, student shall be able:
- proofreading; to correct the mistakes in the text, to define and circumscribe the them;
- to correct inadequate turns of phrases in texts;
- to alalyse texts and explain his views and to give reasons for the views.
- 1. Purposes and methodology of the text analysis.
- 2. Efficients, explaining of the orthographical rules.
- 3. Orthography and spelling in Czech; mistakes and spelling errors in texts, explaining of them (consonant groups, geminates).
- 4. Some morphological phenomena:
- - some problems of declension of substantives - of Czech words and loanwords;
- - pronouns; types of pronouns, grammatical forms of pronouns, declension of pronouns;
- - spelling alternance and declension;
- - sentential function of verbs.
- 5. Word-formation and word-building, identification of the word-formation proceedings and formants in texts, identification of lexical units in text. Analysis of word-building and word-formation of various lexical units.
- 6. Lexical units of various spheres of vocabulary in texts (words-historism, tushery, problems of neologism; synonyms, anthonyms...).
- 7. Sentencial functions of word classes (word cathegories); semantic and formal relations between/among the constituents.
- required literature
- HAUSER, Přemysl. Jazykové rozbory (Language Analysis). 1st ed. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2001. 48 pp. ISBN 80-210-2557-3. info
- ČECHOVÁ, Marie and František DANEŠ. Komplexní jazykové rozbory. 1. vyd. Praha: Státní pedagogické nakladatelství, 1992. 325 s. ISBN 80-04-24305-3. info
- Teaching methods
- - Reading comprehension - Dialog (controlled dialog) - Analysis of language phenomena in the text, synthesis - Problem method
- Assessment methods
- Seminary Course.
Credit requirements: Written examination in the final week of term The test includes the knowledges and ability that are described in abstract and syllabus. The written examination includes 30-40 questions / language phenomena, student shall correctly answer 80 %.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
- Teacher's information