PdF:TI1010 IT Essentials - Course Information
TI1010 IT EssentialsFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/3/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Ing. Martin Dosedla, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Ing. Martin Dosedla, Ph.D.
Department of Technical Education and Information Science - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Ing. Martin Dosedla, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Technical Education and Information Science - Faculty of Education
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- TI1010/01: Thu 13:00–15:50 učebna 28, M. Dosedla
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Lower Secondary School Teacher Training in Technology and IT Education (programme PdF, B-SPE)
- Lower Secondary School Teacher Training in Technology and IT Education (programme PdF, B-TV)
- Technology and IT for Education (programme PdF, B-SPE)
- Course objectives
- At the end of the course will be able to: 1. explain the principles of operation of the computer, the parameters of components and virtually assemble the appropriate computer configuration; 2nd perform basic maintenance of computer hardware and software; 3. Install and configure the operating system for personal computers, including its management and disk management; 4th work with mobile devices in the field of ICT and discuss their principles and utilization; 5th explain the principles of printers and scanners, install drivers conventional devices and manage them; 6th work in computer networks, configure a simple computer network using a router, wifi, structured wiring and explain the principles of computer networks at protocols and network models; 7th defined ICT security risks, and work on the computer and in its administration according to security policies 8th solve advanced problems with ICT
- Week 1: Introduction to personal computers. Week 2: Safety in the laboratory Week 3: Building computers Week 4: Basic preventative maintenance of computers Week 5: Operating Systems Week 6: Computer Networks Week 7: Laptops Week 8: Mobile Devices Week 9: Printers Week 10: Security Week 11: IT professional Week 12: Advanced Troubleshooting
- Teaching methods
- lectures, homework,
- Assessment methods
- Developing theoretical tests for each chapter, mid-term test, final test, practical test
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 12 h. konz./sem. (komb. stud.).
- Teacher's information