PdF:OVp107 Ethics-seminar - Course Information
OVp107 Ethics-seminarFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1/0. 1 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. PhDr. Petr Jemelka, Dr. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Slavomír Lesňák, PhD. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. PhDr. Petr Jemelka, Dr.
Department of Civics - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Jitka Autratová
Supplier department: Department of Civics - Faculty of Education
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- OVp107/01: Tue 17:00–17:50 učebna 33, S. Lesňák
OVp107/02: Tue 10:00–10:50 učebna 33, S. Lesňák
OVp107/03: Tue 8:00–8:50 učebna 22, S. Lesňák
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- NOW ( ovp106 Ethics-lecture )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to help students acquire orientation in contemporary ethical theories in connection with current moral problems of contemporary society and to be able to apply them in teaching.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course the student will be able to:
- to discuss and make reasoned decisions on specific moral issues
- analyze ethical approaches
- to interpret the current ethical text
- to apply ethical approaches in teaching civic education
- 1) The crisis and morality. 2) Example of failure of modernism - Nazism , Communism . The question of guilt by K. Jaspers. 3) Postmodernism and moral crisis 4)Humanistic morality and conscience (E.Fromm) 5) Ontology and Ethics.The moral challenge of biophilic economy. 6) LOHAS lifestyle. Business Ethics. 7) Professional ethics.The Ethics of Teaching. 8) Prosocial education from R. Roche Olivar. 9) The Ethics of Authenticity. Multiculturalism. 10)Feminism and Ecofeminism. 11) Political ethics. 12) Moral issues in fiction.
- recommended literature
- Teaching ethics. Edited by Rosamund M. Thomas. Suffolk, U.K.: Ethics International Press Ltd., 2011. xvii, 300. ISBN 9781871891133. info
- A companion to ethics. Edited by Peter Singer. 1st ed. Malden: Blackwell Pub., 2007. xxii, 565. ISBN 9780631187851. info
- VALACH, Milan. Češi v neklidné době. 1. vyd. Brno: L. Marek, 2006. 306 s. ISBN 8086263754. info
- Practical companion to ethics. Edited by Anthony Weston. 2nd ed. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2002. xi, 96. ISBN 0195141997. info
- Teaching methods
- Class discussion.
- Assessment methods
- Credit seminar. The fulfilling requirements of this course are active participation in class (projekct, presentation, discussion).
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses