PdF:OVp107 Ethics-seminar - Course Information
OVp107 Ethics-seminarFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1/0. 1 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. PhDr. Petr Jemelka, Dr. (lecturer)
Mgr. Slavomír Lesňák, PhD. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Slavomír Lesňák, PhD.
Department of Civics - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Jitka Autratová
Supplier department: Department of Civics - Faculty of Education
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- OVp107/01: Tue 8:25–9:10 učebna 39, S. Lesňák
OVp107/02: Tue 13:00–13:45 učebna 30, S. Lesňák
OVp107/03: Tue 9:20–10:05 učebna 39, S. Lesňák
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- NOW ( ovp106 Ethics-lecture )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Lower Secondary School Teacher Training in Civics (programme PdF, N-ZS)
- Course objectives
- At the end of this course students should be able to: - make reasoned decisions about specific moral problems, analyze the ethical issues and apply in a future teaching at school.
- 1) The crisis and morality. 2) Example of failure of modernism - Nazism , Communism . The question of guilt by K. Jaspers. 3) Postmodernism and moral crisis 4)Humanistic morality and conscience (E.Fromm) 5) Ontology and Ethics.The moral challenge of biophilic economy. 6) LOHAS lifestyle. Business Ethics. 7) Professional ethics.The Ethics of Teaching. 8) Prosocial education from R. Roche Olivar. 9) The Ethics of Authenticity. Multiculturalism. 10)Feminism and Ecofeminism. 11) Political ethics. 12) Moral issues in fiction.
- recommended literature
- Teaching ethics. Edited by Rosamund M. Thomas. Suffolk, U.K.: Ethics International Press Ltd., 2011. xvii, 300. ISBN 9781871891133. info
- A companion to ethics. Edited by Peter Singer. 1st ed. Malden: Blackwell Pub., 2007. xxii, 565. ISBN 9780631187851. info
- VALACH, Milan. Češi v neklidné době. 1. vyd. Brno: L. Marek, 2006. 306 s. ISBN 8086263754. info
- Practical companion to ethics. Edited by Anthony Weston. 2nd ed. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2002. xi, 96. ISBN 0195141997. info
- Teaching methods
- Class discussion.
- Assessment methods
- Credit seminar. The fulfilling requirements of this course are active participation in class (projekct, presentation, discussion).
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses