PdF:IVp101 Behavioral Approaches - Course Information
IVp101 Behavioral Approaches to LearningFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/2. 6 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- Mgr. Zuzana Maštenová (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. Karel Pančocha, Ph.D., M.Sc. (lecturer)
Mgr. Vendula Malaníková (assistant)
Barbora Pavlíčková (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Karel Pančocha, Ph.D., M.Sc.
Institute for Research in Inclusive Education - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: PhDr. Lenka Gajzlerová, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Institute for Research in Inclusive Education - Faculty of Education
- Fri 5. 3. 9:00–16:50 učebna 35, Fri 12. 3. 9:00–16:50 učebna 35, Fri 19. 3. 9:00–16:50 učebna 35
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Special Education (Specialization 3 - Behavioral Disorders) (programme PdF, N-SPZP)
- Special Education (Specialization 4 - (Education of Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities and Autism Spectrum Disorders) (programme PdF, N-SPZP)
- Special Education (Specialization 6 - Special Education in Adulthood) (programme PdF, N-SPZP)
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to acquaint students with behavioral science, human behavior, relation to the physical and social environment. In the course we will deal with the behavioral explanation of the causes of behavior and the analysis of the influence of various environmental factors on human behavior. The subject deals with the application of scientific discipline in practice, which uses general principles of behavior for solving socially significant problems in behavior in selected groups of people with special educational needs throughout their lives.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course the student will be able to:
- Describe and explain principles of learning and behaviour according to behaviour science
- understand functional relationships between antecedent, behaviour and consequence)
- measure basic characterstics of behaviour (frequency, duration, latency, interresponse time)
- carry out a task analysis – analyzing a complex task and dividing it into smaller units
- apply basic principles of behaviour analysis to education of students with special educational needs
- Basic behavioral principles, a brief history of behavioral analysis, and an introduction to applied behavioral analysis.
- Using behavioral approaches in selected groups of people with special educational needs.
- Definition and measurement of target behavior.
- Visual analysis of acquired data.
- Individual skill mapping and preference testing.
- Skills learning and acquiring a repertoire of behavior.
- Learning in a natural environment, intensive learning, discriminatory training and transfer of stimulus control.
- Incentives, shaping and chaining behavior.
- Analysis of behavioral functions, antecedent intervention, differential strengthening and extinction.
- Procedures for reducing problem behavior.
- required literature
- Baer, D. M., Wolf, M. M., Risley, T. R. (1968) Some current dimensions of applied behavior analysis. Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis, 1, 91–97.
- Cooper, J. O., Heron, T. E., Heward, W. L. (2007) Applied Behavior Analysis, Second Edition. Upper Saddle, NJ: Pearson Education ISBN-10: 129202321X or ISBN-13: 978-1292023212
- FÖRSTER, Josef. Behaviorismus a psychoreflexologie v historické tradici československé psychologie. Vyd. 1. Praha: Academia, 2005. 219 s. ISBN 8020013199. info
- recommended literature
- RICHMAN, Shira. Výchova dětí s autismem : aplikovaná behaviorální analýza. Translated by Miroslava Jelínková. Vydání třetí. Praha: Portál, 2015. 122 stran. ISBN 9788026209843. info
- PRAŠKO, Ján, Petr MOŽNÝ and Miloš ŠLEPECKÝ. Kognitivně behaviorální terapie psychických poruch. Vydání 1. Praha: Triton, 2007. 1063 stran. ISBN 9788072548651. info
- Teaching methods
- seminar, group discussions, Watching of instructional videos
- Assessment methods
- Active participation in seminars, simulation of practice of selected behavior, seminar work (processing, presentation, discussion), colloquium
Specific requirements for individual works (scope, content, delivery dates) will be published in the study materials. Completed tasks are placed by the student at the IS MU, Will be present at the seminar (as instructed). The lecturer will provide feedback on the tasks he has done. Analysis of selected instructional video and presentation
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
General note: Výuka probíhá společně s kombi formou studia.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 24 hodin (3x pátek).