PdF:JVp019 English for Soc. Educators – A - Course Information
JVp019 English for Social Educators – AFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
Taught in person.
- Belinda Rachael Allan, M.Ed. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Radim Herout (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Radim Herout
Language Centre, Faculty of Education Division - Faculty Branches of University Departments - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Jitka Autratová
Supplier department: Language Centre, Faculty of Education Division - Faculty Branches of University Departments - Faculty of Education
- JVp001 Entrance Test A2 - English || JVk001 Entrance Test A2 - English
A pass in JVp001 – Entrance test A2 - English. (Úspěšně absolvovaný předmět JVp001 – Vstupní test A2 - AJ.) The course is designed for students who are at least at the A2 level of English and who can understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered at work, school, leisure, etc. They can also produce simple connected text on topics which are familiar or of personal interest and can read texts and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The aim of this course is to help students achieve B1 level knowledge of English within a social working context by improving all language skills (listening, reading, speaking, writing) and systems of the language (grammar and vocabulary) within B1 level of CEFR.
- Learning outcomes
- By the end of the course, the student will be able to:
- Understand spoken and written English around topics of social education, childhood development, teenage and adult issues and adult education at a level approaching B1 of the CEFR;
- Communicate in English about social issues and childhood and teenage development issues towards a B1 level of the CEFR;
- Use selected social education and social issues terminology with natural and sophisticated control;
- Show a good command of selected grammar structures at B1 level of the CEFR.
- Multidisciplinary focus of social education is reflected in the topic-based orientation of the individual courses taught at the Faculty of Education. The topics in this course (A) have been chosen to reflect the social and legal dimension of social education. Course topics include:
- education systems
- Being a social educator
- Dealing with social issues regarding:
- - children
- - teenagers
- - adults
- required literature
- Course materials: moodlinka.ics.muni.cz
- recommended literature
- REDMAN, Stuart and Ruth GAIRNS. Test your English vocabulary in use : pre-intermediate & intermediate. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2000. 142 s. ISBN 0521779804. info
- HASHEMI, Louise and Barbara THOMAS. Cambridge grammar for PET with answers : self-study grammar reference and practice. First published. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2006. 216 stran. ISBN 0521601207. info
- MURPHY, Raymond. English grammar in use : a self-study reference and practice book for intermediate learners of English : with answers. Fourth edition. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2012. x, 380. ISBN 9780521189064. info
- Insight into PET. CUP 2004. ISBN 0-521--52755-4
- not specified
- Teaching methods
- Weekly ninety-minute seminars designed for teaching English for social education purposes. Activities developing students' awareness of language skills and systems within B1 level - listening and reading tasks; grammar and vocabulary practice, discussions and other speaking activities.
- Assessment methods
- 1 Active participation and attendance (work must be completed for any absence)
2 Continuous assessment during the semester (vocabulary, grammar, listening, reading, written and spoken work)
Throughout the course the approach of continuous assessment is applied where the minimum average required of the individual assignments is 65%.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Information on completion of the course: Jazykový kurz na úrovni B1 SERRJ (není určen pro začátečníky).
The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
Information on course enrolment limitations: Podmínkou zápisu je úspěšné absolvování předmětu JVp001. Počet míst v kurzu je limitován kapacitou pracoviště.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Teacher's information
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/ped/spring2022/JVp019