PdF:SKPC006 Curriculum Studies - Course Information
SKPC006 Curriculum Studies: Changing aims and content of educationFaculty of Education
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 8 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
Taught in person.
- Mgr. Karolína Dundálková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. Mgr. Petr Knecht, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Petr Knecht, Ph.D.
Institute for Research in School Education - Faculty of Education
Contact Person: Mgr. Jana Veličková
Supplier department: Institute for Research in School Education - Faculty of Education
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- School pedagogy (programme PdF, D-SKPED) (2)
- Course objectives
- The course aims at broadening understanding of the curriculum. Students will pose questions, which could lead to intensive investigation and innovation of curriculum in wider educational settings.
- Learning outcomes
- After finishing the course
- students will be able to undertake curriculum inquiry
- students will ask questions which could lead to other investigation and innovation of curriculum in wider connection on the curricular context of their own dissertation.
- historical development of curriculum
- theory of curriculum
- curricular documents
- forms of curriculum
- determinants of curriculum
- investigation of curriculum
- innovation of curriculum
- hidden curriculum.
- required literature
- Connelly, F. M. The SAGE Handbook of Curriculum and Instruction. Thousand Oaks: Sage, 2008.
- Ellis, A. Exemplars of Curriculum Theory. Larchmont: Eye On Education, 2003.
- Posner, G. Analyzing the Curriculum. New York: McGraw-Hill: 2003.
- Janík, T., Maňák, J., Knecht, P. Cíle a obsahy školního vzdělávání a metodologie jejich utváření. Brno: Paido, 2009.
- Schiro, M. S. Curriculum Theory: Conflicting Visions and Enduring Concerns. Thousand Oaks: Sage, 2008.
- Pinar, W. F., Reynolds, W. M. et al. Understanding Curriculum. New York: Peter Lang : 2006.
- Pinar, W. F. International Handbook of Curriculum Research. Mahwah: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, 2003.
- Walterová, E. Kurikulum. Proměny a trendy v mezinárodní perspektivě. Brno: MU, 1994.
- Teaching methods
- text analysis, reading, writing a research proposal, discussion
- Assessment methods
- Critically evaluating minimally two theoretical or empirical studies connected with the field of curricular studies with the connection to Ph.D. thesis (f.e. from the Journal of Curriculum Studies)
To defend partially realized project of curricular research (as the base of Ph.D. thesis).
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught each semester.
The course is taught: in blocks.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/ped/spring2023/SKPC006