FaF:FDGFZ_FAF Physico-chemical Fundamentals - Course Information
FDGFZ_FAF Physico-chemical Fundamentals of NMRFaculty of Pharmacy
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/0/0. 25 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- doc. Ing. Pavel Bobáľ, CSc. (lecturer)
prof. PharmDr. Karel Šmejkal, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Ing. Pavel Bobáľ, CSc.
Faculty of Pharmacy
- FAKULTA ( FaF )
The knowledge of basics of inorganic and organic chemistry, analytical and physical chemistry.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Pharmacognosy (programme FaF, PH_Fg) (2)
- Course objectives
- Learning outcomes of the course aim the subject on the introduction of the student of DSP into nuclear magnetic resonance, with special focus on the identification of secondary metabolites of plants. The subject presents possibilities of using NMR and individual experiments in solving the structures of particular isolated compounds. Acquired knowledge will enable them to orientate in modern methods of NMR spectroscopy used in organic and inorganic chemistry, biochemistry and methods of modern structural analysis.
- Learning outcomes
- Understanding to theoretical bases of NMR and the ability to practically use available NMR techniques to elucidate the structure of organic compounds
- Subject Physico-chemical Fundamentals of NMR is designed to introduce the techniques particularly 1H, 13C NMR spectroscopy, as powerful tools for structure elucidation of organic compounds. A brief introduction to the physical principles of NMR spectroscopy will be followed by extensive analysis and discussion of NMR parameters such as chemical shift, coupling constants, splitting patterns, etc. The second half of the course is dedicated to the use of multi-pulse experiments (spin decoupling, NOE, APT, INEPT, DEPT etc.) and 2-dimensional techniques (COSY, NOESY, ROESY, etc.) in structure elucidation of complex natural products.
- required literature
- SILVERSTEIN, Robert M. Spectrometric identification of organic compounds. 8th ed. Hoboken: Wiley,, 2015. ISBN 978-0-470-61637-6. info
- PRETSCH, Ernö, P. BU?HLMANN a M. BADERTSCHER. Structure determination of organic compounds: tables of spectral data. 4th, rev. and enl. ed. Berlin: Springer, 2009. ISBN 978-3-540-93809-5. info
- Teaching methods
- Discussion, brainstorming, reading. Demonstrations of methods
- Assessment methods
- Oral examination.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught each semester.
- Teacher's information
- Mastering physicochemical bases of NMR
Consultation with the teacher
Practical application of acquired knowledge
The course is done using self-studies, personal communication, and consultations with the lecturer
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/pharm/autumn2021/FDGFZ_FAF