FF:AJ34003 Conference Participation I - Course Information
AJ34003 Conference Participation IFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
Taught in person.
- prof. Mgr. Milada Franková, CSc., M.A. (lecturer)
Mgr. Martina Horáková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Tomáš Kačer, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. Mgr. Janka Kaščáková, PhD. (lecturer)
doc. Michael Matthew Kaylor, PhD. (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. Tomáš Pospíšil, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Jeffrey Alan Smith, M.A., Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Tomáš Pospíšil, Ph.D.
Department of English and American Studies - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Tomáš Hanzálek
Supplier department: Department of English and American Studies - Faculty of Arts
- No prerequisites.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 7 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The aim of this subject is to encourage student participation at conferences. The number of credits (5 + 5, conference I and conference II, respectively) depends on the academic standards of the conference, its location (national vs. international; the reputation of the organizing institution)and on the degree and manner of the student's participation.
- Learning outcomes
- A successful conference participation shows the student's capability to present results of his or her research to an academic audience. It allows for feedback, networking, and gathering of experience.
- 1) Selection of a suitable conference with a topic related to the student's research project
- 2) Consultation with the supervisor
- 3) Abstract production
- 4) Conference application
- 6) Conference participation
- 7) Information of the supervisor following return
- Due to the specific nature of the subject no mandatory reading is required.
- Teaching methods
- Independent research, conference paper production, and conference participation.
- Assessment methods
- The supervisor may grant 5 or 10 credits, respectively (conference participation I and II) depending on the academic standards of the conference, its location and on the degree and manner of the student's participation. The following criteria are taken into account: a national vs. international conference; the reputation of the organizing institution; the degree and manner of the student's participation.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught each semester.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/autumn2021/AJ34003