FF:AJ34006 Publication I - Course Information
AJ34006 Publication IFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 10 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
Taught in person.
- prof. Mgr. Milada Franková, CSc., M.A. (lecturer)
Mgr. Martina Horáková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Tomáš Kačer, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. Mgr. Janka Kaščáková, PhD. (lecturer)
doc. Michael Matthew Kaylor, PhD. (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. Tomáš Pospíšil, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Jeffrey Alan Smith, M.A., Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Tomáš Pospíšil, Ph.D.
Department of English and American Studies - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Tomáš Hanzálek
Supplier department: Department of English and American Studies - Faculty of Arts
- No prerequisites.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 7 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The aim of this subject is to encourage students to publish results of their research in national and international scholarly journals.
- Learning outcomes
- The admission of a scholarly paper in a reputable journal demonstrates the student's capability to present results of his or her research to an academic audience, to formulate his or her findings in a structured and academically appropriate manner. Before publishing the author receives feedback from the editor and peer reviewers. This input can positively impact the process of dissertation writing.
- Discussion of the envisaged publication with the supervisor
- Selection of a journal with a suitable thematic focus
- Creation of the paper in accordance with the journal's guidelines.
- Submission of the paper
- Collaboration with the editor and correction of the paper according to the peer-reviewers' reports
- Due to the specific nature of the subject no mandatory reading is required.
- Teaching methods
- Independent research, research paper production, consulations with the supervisor.
- Assessment methods
- Upon successful submission of the paper to a respectable journal (the so-called predatory journals ought to be avoided),the supervisor grants credits to the student. It is not necessary to wait for the actual appearance of the paper in print. The physical existence of the paper and an official notification of the publisher are sufficient for the credits to be granted.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught each semester.
The course is taught: every other week.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/autumn2021/AJ34006