FF:BAX301 Estonian I - Course Information
BAX301 Estonian IFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Mgr. Aino Saavaste (lecturer)
Mgr. Petra Hebedová, Ph.D. (alternate examiner)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Petra Hebedová, Ph.D.
Department of Linguistics and Baltic Languages - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Mgr. Petra Hebedová, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Linguistics and Baltic Languages - Faculty of Arts
- Mon 10:00–11:40 L21
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
The capacity limit for the course is 35 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 11/35, only registered: 0/35, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/35
- Course objectives
- The course is a language class of Estonian, no prior knowledge is required. In the course students learn to use Estonian in basic situations. A basic insight into Estonian grammar is presented. After completing the course students may continue in a follow-up course.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of this course students should be able to answer in Estonian basic questions. They should have a basic understanding of Estonian grammar, understand written texts at the respective level and be able to use an expected load of vocabulary. They should also have basic knowledge of Estonian cultural background.
- greetings and useful phrases
- conjugation of estonian verbs
- local cases
- grammatical cases
- grammar and vocabulary exercises
- recommended literature
- HEBEDOVÁ, Petra. Stručná gramatika estonštiny (Concise Grammar of Estonian). 1. vyd. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2013. 103 pp. ISBN 978-80-210-6430-0. Digitální knihovna FF MU info
- not specified
- Lutkat, Florence-Silvia – Hasselblatt, Cornelius 1993: Estnisch Intensiv. Das Lehrbuch der estnischen Sprache. Hamburg: Bibliotheca Baltica.
- Pesti, Mall – Ahi, Helve 2001: E nagu Eesti. Eesti keele õpik algajaile. Tallinn: Tea.
- TOMINGAS, Silva. Saame tuttavaks! : Estonian for beginners. Edited by Kullo Vende. 1st ed. Tallinn: TEA, 2009. 344 s. ISBN 9789985719084. info
- Teaching methods
- lectures, homework
- Assessment methods
- written test
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
Information on course enrolment limitations: Předmět není určen pro studenty oboru BALTISTIKA.
- Information about innovation of course.
- This course has been innovated under the project "Faculty of Arts as Centre of Excellence in Education: Complex Innovation of Study Programmes and Fields at FF MU with Regard to the Requirements of the Knowledge Economy“ – Reg. No. CZ.1.07/2.2.00/28.0228, which is cofinanced by the European Social Fond and the national budget of the Czech Republic.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/autumn2020/BAX301