FF:CLDS_a03 Doctoral Exam - Course Information
CLDS_a03 Doctoral ExamFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 10 credit(s). Type of Completion: SDzk (final examination).
Taught in person.
- doc. PhDr. Zbyněk Fišer, Ph.D. (lecturer)
prof. PhDr. Michaela Soleiman pour Hashemi, CSc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. PhDr. Michaela Soleiman pour Hashemi, CSc.
Department of Czech Literature - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Mgr. Veronika Bromová, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Czech Literature - Faculty of Arts
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The student shall prepare 5 theses according to the requirements of the academic work, as well as in cooperation with their mentor, who will approve the adequacy of the theses. When choosing the theses, topical diversity is recommended (for ex. the first thesis can be from Medieval/Early Modern Czech literature or 19th-century Czech literature, the second one from Czech literature in the 1st half of the 20th century, the third one from Czech literature in the 2nd half of the 20th century, the fourth one from literary theory, the fifth one from various literary genres, wherein all of the three genres, lyric, epic, and drama, should be represented).
The aim of a doctoral exam is:
- to assess the student's ability of thinking in terms of literary theory on the basis of the chosen theses;
- to check the student's ability of thinking in terms of literary theory at the thesis, by entering a discussion with the members of the PhD committee.
- Learning outcomes
- After the completion of the doctoral exam, the students shall be able:
- to demonstrate their ability of thinking in terms of a literary theory in course of the theses assessment;
- to demonstrate their ability of thinking in terms of the literary theory in the interdisciplinarity context;
- to respond to remarks and suggestions by members of the PhD committee adequately;
- to reflect upon their own reserves.
- According to chosen theses.
- required literature
- Individuálně dle zvolených tezí.
- not specified
- Odborná literatura vztahující se k obsahu studijního programu.
- Teaching methods
- Homework. Discussion.
- Assessment methods
- Oral exam.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught each semester.
The course is taught: in blocks.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: blok.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/autumn2022/CLDS_a03