FF:PV2B57 German Conversation I - Course Information
PV2B57 German Conversation: Science, Cultur, Politics IFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Dr. phil. Klára Hübnerová (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Petr Elbel, Ph.D.
Department of Auxiliary Historical Sciences and Archive Studies - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Martina Maradová
Supplier department: Department of Auxiliary Historical Sciences and Archive Studies - Faculty of Arts
- Wed 10:00–11:40 B2.11
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 12 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The aim is to train debating skills based on subjects chosen from newspaper articles or academic publications. The panoply of subjects is wide and will not only be subject to the interests of the tutor: topics such as Czech and Austrian relations, the German or Austrian press, can been touched on, as well as political matters of the day or cultural and economic issues. The tutorial focuses on the oral participation of all students, who are encouraged to participate in a collegial atmosphere. There will be the chance to use more complex grammatical forms in German and on the semantic level such as the subjunctive, indirect speech, different modalities etc.
- Learning outcomes
- Students will be able to understand newspaper articles, simpler literary and academic texts, analyse the vocabulary and discuss the texts.
- 1.-3.: University studies in the Czech Republic, Germany and Austria.
- 4.-6: Politics in the Czech Republic, Germany and Austria.
- 7.-9: Economics in Czech Republic, Germany and Austria.
- 10.-13.: Discussion on free-based topics chosen by the students.
- NEKOVÁŘOVÁ, Alena and Dominique FLIEGLER. Alltagssprache Deutsch Neu : 30 moderních konverzačních témat. 2., dopl. a upr. vyd. Plzeň: Fraus, 2009. 311 s. ISBN 9788072388905. info
- Teaching methods
- Interactive – Discussions, textbook work, lecture and preparation of selected articles
- Assessment methods
- Oral participation, short presentation and discussions of a text…
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/autumn2018/PV2B57