FF:RLB130 Modern Chinese I - Course Information
RLB130 Modern Chinese IFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Táňa Dluhošová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. David Václavík, Ph.D.
Department for the Study of Religions - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Lucie Čelková
- Tue 15:50–17:25 128A
- Course does not require any knowledge of Chinese in advance.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 25 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/25, only registered: 0/25, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/25
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 6 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Upon successful completion of the course, students will reach A1 level (CEFR Common Reference Levels) in Chinese language in these four competencies: - speaking: o Spoken Mediation: Students will be able to reproduce conversation schemes in conversation situation given by the textbook (Učebnice moderní čínštiny I.) o Spoken Interaction and Production: In the same time they will independently apply the conversation schemes and acquired vocabulary to other conversation situation and themes. - reading: o Reading Comprehension: Students will be able to read basic conversation texts given in the textbook (Učebnice moderní čínštiny I.). In the same time they will be able to apply acquired grammar, vocabulary and the reading principles to unknown texts, which are in the terms of their level equivalent to the textbook text. - writing: o Written Mediation: Students will acquire the basic principles of writing Chinese characters and their structure. Students will be able to actively reproduce written text given by the (Učebnice moderní čínštiny I.) o Written production: Students will be able to use acquired skills to create own texts. - Listening Comprehension: Students will be able to identify and comprehend conversation situations in the textbooks: Učebnice moderní čínštiny I. and Učebnice čínské konverzace.
- 1. Introduction: typology of Chinese; Chinese phonetics (inicials, finals), new vocabulary L1
- 2. Lesson 1: phonetic exercise, grammar: word order in Chinese sentence, making an inquiry, adverbs.
- 3. Lesson 1: phonetic exercise; how to write Chinese characters, conversation exercise, new vocabulary L2
- 4. Lesson 2: phonetic exercise, grammar: making an inquiry, adjectives, measure words, grammar exercises
- 5. Lesson 2: phonetic exercise; Chinese characters, reading, grammar exercises, new vocabulary L3
- 6. Test, grammar and conversation exercises
- 7. Lesson 3: phonetic exercise; grammar: adjectives, counting, deictic words, attributive words
- 8. Lesson 3: phonetic exercise; Chinese characters, reading, grammar exercise, new vocabulary L4
- 9. Lesson 4: phonetic exercise; grammar; reading
- 10. Lesson 4: phonetic exercise; Chinese characters; reading; grammar and conversation exercise
- 11. Repetition
- recommended literature
- Švarný, Oldřich a David Uher: Hovorová čínština. Úvod do studia hovorové čínštiny [Colloguial Chinese. An Introduction to the Chinese Language]. Olomouc: Univerzita Palackého 2001, 190 p. ISBN 80-244-0298-X.
- Teaching methods
- The course, having a form of language training, is based on a textbook: Učebnice moderní čínštiny I, which was designed for the need of this particular course at Palacky University (Olomouc). The emphasis is put on even cultivation of four basic language competencies: speaking, reading, writting, and listening comprehension by interpretation of grammar,drill in creating correct syntactic structures with respect to specific contexts, reading,and homeworks.
- Assessment methods
- Minimum to complete the course: 70% Total grade consists of: Homework 10% Mid-semester test: 10% Final test: 80%
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/spring2011/RLB130