FF:AJ13001 Academic Writing - Course Information
AJ13001 Academic WritingFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Prof. Rebekah Bloyd, Ph.D. (lecturer), PhDr. Thomas Donaldson Sparling, B.A. (deputy)
- Guaranteed by
- Ing. Mgr. Jiří Rambousek, Ph.D.
Department of English and American Studies - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Mgr. Michaela Hrazdílková
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 15 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/15, only registered: 0/15, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/15
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- English Language and Literature (programme FF, M-FI) (2)
- Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in English Language and Literature (programme FF, M-SS)
- This will be a course centered on essay writing. Points covered will include (1) features at the global (idea) level, e.g. developing thesis statements, providing evidence for arguments, organizing ideas in a logical way; (2) features at the local (sentence) level, e.g. providing transitions between ideas, avoiding repetition in sentences; (3) ideas about writing, e.g. the difference between revising and editing, the process of multiple drafting. The aim of the course is to enable students to write their essays more effectively.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught only once.
The course is taught: every week.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses