FF:AJ01001 Practical English I - Course Information
AJ01001 Practical English IFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- PhDr. Jarmila Fictumová (seminar tutor)
doc. PhDr. Naděžda Kudrnáčová, CSc. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Věra Vémolová, M.A. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Ing. Mgr. Jiří Rambousek, Ph.D.
Department of English and American Studies - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Mgr. Michaela Hrazdílková
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- English Language and Literature (programme FF, M-FI) (2)
- English Language and Literature (programme FF, M-HS)
- Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in English Language and Literature (programme FF, M-SS)
- The main aim of the course is to revise and consolidate what students have already learnt, and to develop and extend their knowledge further. This concerns both the elements of language and the skills. The course will contain: - discussions and communication activities that will help students improve their command of spoken English. - reading texts with tasks to read more effectively and to appreciate the implications and style of a text - listening exercises with tasks to improve students' listening skills - useful practical techniques that students can use in their writing - activities to practise the functional language needed in different situations - grammar revision, with special focus on the 'problem areas' caused by L1 interference - work on pronunciation - vocabulary development activities - work on idioms and collocations Students will be encouraged to improve their English in the self-access mode.
- New Cambridge Advanced English
- SPARLING, Don. English or Czenglish? : jak se vyhnout čechismům v angličtině. 2. vyd. Praha: Státní pedagogické nakladatelství, 1990. 274 s. ISBN 8004253296. info
- Assessment methods (in Czech)
- Seminar; Assessment: written test
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
Information on course enrolment limitations: 6 seminárních skupin