FF:PSB_22 Practice empirical research - Course Information
PSB_22 Practice empirical researchFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/2. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- doc. PhDr. Mojmír Tyrlík, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- PhDr. Zdenka Stránská, Ph.D.
Department of Psychology - Faculty of Arts
- Tue 15:50–17:25 C51
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- PSB_01 Practice in cogn. psychology
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 25 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/25, only registered: 0/25
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Psychology (programme FF, M-PS) (4)
- Course objectives
- Main objectives. Students develop knowledge and skils to formulate, prepare and practice their own research projects.
- Students are expected to prepare their research projects. They should: 1) formulate and analyze a scientific problem 2) collect and learn accessible theories 3) formulate research design 4) formulate and prepare research methods and sample 5) collect neccessary data 6) analyze data 7) formulate conclusions Studets are expected they will consulnt the project with tutor as well as mutually in group.
- SOMEKH, Bridget. Action research : a methodology for change and development. 1st pub. Maidenhead: Open University Press, 2006. 225 s. ISBN 0335216595. info
- Data mining : theory, methodology, techniques, and applications. Edited by Graham J. Williams - Simeon J. Simoff. 1st ed. New York: Springer, 2006. xi, 329. ISBN 3540325476. info
- VOGT, W. Paul. Dictionary of statistics & methodology : a nontechnical guide for the social sciences. 2nd ed. Thousand Oaks: SAGE Publications, 1999. xv, 318 s. ISBN 0-7619-1273-8. info
- Teaching methods
- Seminars, discussions in group
- Assessment methods
- Students are expected to make a progress in the research and provide acceptable results, even thou they are not expected to finish all work by the course duration.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught only once.
General note: Kontrola 25.5.2007 M. Tyrlík.
Information on course enrolment limitations: Dlouhodobý seminář je určen pro předem vybrané studenty.