FF:PBSNPB20 Multicultural Education - Course Information
PBSNPB20 Multicultural EducationFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. PhDr. Dana Knotová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- prof. PhDr. Milan Pol, CSc.
Department of Educational Sciences - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Ivana Klusáková
- each odd Thursday 10:50–12:25 K22
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 25 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/25, only registered: 0/25, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/25
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Social Education and Counselling (programme FF, N-PD)
- Course objectives
- This course in multicultural education is intended for students of Social Pedagogy and Consultancy, or for the students of Pedagogy. The credit requirements will include the presentation of a seminar paper. The course is conceived as an introduction to the study of multicultural education, one of the corner stones of any multicultural society made up of various ethnic, social and religious groups. Such a broad topic clearly cannot be confined to pedagogical issues and the course, therefore, draws on other disciplines from the humanities, such as cultural anthropology, social psychology, politology etc. At the introductory meeting some basic theories will be defined, e.g. cultural pattern, acculturation, cultural pluralism, multicultural society, xenophobe, etc. The course will then develop a focus on the question of national minorities in the Czech Republic, in specific the gypsy minority, which undoubtedly forms a specific sociocultural group within a larger cultural pattern. In order to understand better the specific character of this minority and to be able to apply the principles of multicultural education, some basic facts from their history will be presented, together with some demographically and statistical data, the particularities of their value system etc.
- Multicultural society Ethnic, social and religious groups Cultural pattern, cultural pluralism, xenophobe Gypsy minority, focus on the question of gypsy minority in the Czech Republic
- S Romy žít budeme - jde o to jak :dějiny, současná situace, kořeny problémů, naděje společné budoucnosti. Edited by Pavel Říčan. 1. vyd. Praha: Portál, 1998. 143 s. ISBN 80-7178-250-5. info
- Výchova k toleranci a proti rasismu :sborník : zdroje a formy rasismu a netolerance, informace o národnostních menšinách, hry a cvičení pro žáky a studenty. Edited by Tatjana Šišková. Vyd. 1. Praha: Portál, 1998. 203 s. ISBN 80-7178-285-8. info
- Teaching methods
- lectures, class discusion
- Assessment methods
- Lecture, class discusion. The credit requirements will include the presentation of a seminar paper.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.