FF:IMN100cv NMA Interpretation Tools I - Course Information
IMN100cv New Media Art Interpretation Tools IFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 0 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. Mgr. Jana Horáková, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Jana Horáková, Ph.D.
Department of Musicology - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Bc. Jitka Leflíková
Supplier department: Department of Musicology - Faculty of Arts
- Wed 15:50–17:25 N21
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- NOW ( IMN100 NMA Interpretation Tools I )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 150 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/150, only registered: 0/150, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/150
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The goal of the course is to motivate students to read texts associated with the IMN100 course’s subject. At the end of the course students will have enlarged knowledge about the discourse based on so called "first hand" experience with the writings. Students should be able to make deductions based on acquired knowledge.
- Book chapters and papers reading.
- Critical summaries of three texts (3600 characters each).
- ASCOTT, Roy. Telematic embrace : visionary theories of art, technology, and consciousness. Edited by Edward A. Shanken. Berkeley: University of California Press, 2003. xii, 427. ISBN 0520218035. info
- WIENER, Norbert. Kybernetika neboli řízení a sdělování v živých organismech a strojich. 1. vyd. Praha: Státní nakladatelství technické literatury, 1960. 148 s. info
- Teaching methods
- Reading, writing, discussion.
- Assessment methods
- Three texts submitting.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.