FF:AJ59802 Mgr. Thesis Seminar II - Course Information
AJ59802 Mgr. Thesis Seminar IIFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 15 credit(s) (from 10 credits increase by 5). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Guaranteed by
- doc. PhDr. Jana Chamonikolasová, Ph.D.
Department of English and American Studies - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Tomáš Hanzálek
Supplier department: Department of English and American Studies - Faculty of Arts
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- English Language and Literature (programme FF, N-FI)
- Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in English Language and Literature (programme FF, N-SS)
- Course objectives
- Student consultations with the thesis advisor, which take place based on the needs of the student and with a view to the quality and completedness of the work. The diploma thesis addresses a scholarly issue at a level appropriate to the degree being pursued. In the diploma thesis the student must demonstrate the ability to work independently in keeping with academic standards, a knowledge and understanding of the relevant scholarly literature and the ability to analyze the issue under study.
- The goal of the diploma seminar is to assist the student in completing the diploma thesis and prepare for its successful defence. This timetable for the consultations is arranged on an individual basis.
- Further literature for the diploma thesis seminar is assigned on an individual basis based on the topic of the thesis. | (in Czech) Literatura pro diplomový seminář je předepsána individuálně podle tématu práce.
- KUBÁTOVÁ, Helena and Dušan ŠIMEK. Od abstraktu do závěrečné práce : jak napsat diplomovou práci ve společenskovědních a humanitních oborech : praktická příručka. 4., přeprac. vyd. Olomouc: Univerzita Palackého v Olomouci, 2007. 90 s. ISBN 9788024415895. info
- POKORNÝ, Jiří. Úspěšnost zaručena : jak efektivně zpracovat a obhájit diplomovou práci. Vyd. 1. Brno: Akademické nakladatelství CERM, 2004. 207 s. ISBN 807204348X. info
- ECO, Umberto and Ivan SEIDL. Jak napsat diplomovou práci. Olomouc: Votobia, 1997. 271 s. ISBN 80-7198-173-7. info
- Assessment methods
- The advisor awards the course-unit credit for the semester on the basis of progress made and student-advisor consultations
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught each semester.
General note: This course is NOT designated for Erasmus students! List of courses offerd by the Department of English and American studies for Erasmsus students is available at http://www.phil.muni.cz/wkaa/ under "Information for Erasmus students".
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: This course is NOT designated for Erasmus students! List of courses offerd by the Department of English and American studies for Erasmsus students is available at http://www.phil.muni.cz/wkaa/ under "Information for Erasmus students".