FF:CJVAEA English Autonomously - Course Information
CJVAEA English AutonomouslyFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Štěpánka Bilová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
PhDr. Hana Kallus, M.A., Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Eva Rudolfová (lecturer)
Mgr. Marcela Sekanina Vavřinová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Martina Šindelářová Skupeňová (lecturer)
Mgr. Alena Hradilová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Barbora Chovancová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Joseph Lennon, BA, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Radka Mlýnková (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Martin Nováček (seminar tutor)
Anjuli Pandavar, PhD (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Šárka Roušavá, B.A. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. et Mgr. Petra Trávníková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Lenka Zouhar Ludvíková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
PaedDr. Marta Holasová, Ph.D. (assistant)
Mgr. Dana Plíšková (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Martina Šindelářová Skupeňová
Language Centre Faculty of Arts Division - Language Centre
Contact Person: Mgr. Dana Plíšková
Supplier department: Language Centre Faculty of Arts Division - Language Centre
- Wed 16. 10. to Wed 20. 11. Wed 18:00–19:40 N21, Fri 12:30–13:30 L42; and Wed 25. 9. 18:00–19:40 N21, Wed 2. 10. 18:00–19:40 N21, Wed 9. 10. 10:00–11:40 L41, Wed 23. 10. 18:00–19:40 L35, Wed 6. 11. 18:00–19:40 L35, Wed 13. 11. 10:00–11:40 L41, Wed 4. 12. 10:00–11:40 L41, 18:00–19:40 L35
- English on level B1 according to CEFR.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
The capacity limit for the course is 180 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 13/180, only registered: 0/180, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/180
- Course objectives
- Students will develop their metacognitive skills and competences in English as well as in other fields. They are going to accept responsibility for their learning, they will set the goals according to their needs, choose the strategies that are appropriate and effective and monitor the progress of their own learning. Based on self-reflection, they will be able to evaluate themselves. According to their needs they will develop in areas that are important for them, necessary for acquireing a foreign language, for their university studies as well as for their future career.
The course is suitable for the students in Bachelor´s, Master´s and Doctoral programmes.
- Learning outcomes
- Students will know how to
- plan, monitor and evaluate the learning process in English
- accept responsibility for their learning
- select the content of the course according to their strengths and weaknesses
- write and speak about their learning in English in a self-reflective way
- In the first two introductory sessions the students will learn about the following:
- learning process
- multiple intellignece
- language learning strategies
- The content of individual modules will depend on the requirements and needs of the student who register them.
- The sessions take place on 25th September and 2nd October 2019 at 18:00 and they are compulsory.
- Karlsson L., Kjisik F. & Nordlund J. (1997). From here to autonomy. Helsinki University Press.
- Teaching methods
- lectures, discussions, homework, reading, reflective writing, individual counsellings, modules
- Assessment methods
- The partial requirements will be set in individual modules. The first two sessions are compulsory. Student have to spend a minimum of 50 hours learning English and working on their portfolio (based on the modules and ind.work). The students will be evaluated in their individual counselling sessions.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught each semester.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 50 hodin / semestr.
- Teacher's information