FF:RLBcA014 Bachelor's Thesis Seminar I - Course Information
RLBcA014 Bachelor's Thesis Seminar IFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
Taught in person.
- Mgr. Aleš Chalupa, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. PhDr. Luboš Bělka, CSc. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jakub Cigán, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Milan Fujda, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. et Mgr. Radek Kundt, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
PhDr. Dalibor Papoušek, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. PhDr. David Václavík, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jana Valtrová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. PhDr. David Zbíral, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
PhDr. Iva Doležalová (lecturer)
Mgr. Zuzana Kubovčáková, M.A., Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. et Mgr. Dušan Vávra, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Jana Valtrová, Ph.D.
Department for the Study of Religions - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Mgr. Ivona Vrzalová
Supplier department: Department for the Study of Religions - Faculty of Arts
- Wed 12:00–13:40 J.509
- Timetable of Seminar Groups:
RLBcA014/DP: No timetable has been entered into IS. D. Papoušek
RLBcA014/DuV: No timetable has been entered into IS. D. Vávra
RLBcA014/DV: No timetable has been entered into IS. D. Václavík
RLBcA014/DZ: No timetable has been entered into IS. D. Zbíral
RLBcA014/ID: No timetable has been entered into IS. I. Doležalová
RLBcA014/JC: No timetable has been entered into IS. J. Cigán
RLBcA014/JV: No timetable has been entered into IS. J. Valtrová
RLBcA014/LB: No timetable has been entered into IS. L. Bělka
RLBcA014/MF: No timetable has been entered into IS. M. Fujda
RLBcA014/RK: No timetable has been entered into IS. R. Kundt
RLBcA014/ZK: No timetable has been entered into IS. Z. Kubovčáková
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Study of Religions (programme FF, B-RL_) (2)
- Course objectives
- The course aims at supporting the initial steps leading to the preparation of the bachelor's thesis. In addition to several joint seminars devoted to the presentations of preliminary topics of bachelor's theses by the student the course consists of individual consultations of the student with a thesis supervisor according to the student's needs and regarding the level and progress of the student's work. The course focuses on the specification of the research area and the gradual refinement of initial explorations leading to the formulation of a preliminary topic of the bachelor's thesis and its research questions. During the course the student conducts an extensive bibliographic survey which provides the necessary factual and theoretical-methodological basis for the preparation of the final version of the bachelor's thesis project in the follow-up course RLBcKA015 (Bachelor Thesis Seminar II).
- Learning outcomes
- After completing the course, students:
- will be able to perform a thorough bibliographic survey to provide factual information about the selected research area
- can identify and process relevant theoretical and methodological literature appropriate to the type of research that results from the formulation of a preliminary research question
- can effectively search literature in library catalogs and electronic information resource databases
- is able to prepare an annotated bibliography and make a conspectus from the relevant literature to the selected research area
- can clearly and comprehensively present a preliminary research topic of his/her bachelor's thesis during a joint seminar and respond to the critical remarks of the course coordinator and student participants
- Introductory seminar; presentation of preliminary topics and research questions of individual bachelor's theses; consultations with the bachelor's thesis supervisor and individual work on an in-depth bibliographic survey; surveying and annotating of thematically relevant literature and sources.
- required literature
- KUBÁTOVÁ, Helena and Dušan ŠIMEK. Od abstraktu do závěrečné práce : jak napsat diplomovou práci ve společenskovědních a humanitních oborech : praktická příručka. 4., přeprac. vyd. Olomouc: Univerzita Palackého v Olomouci, 2007. 90 s. ISBN 9788024415895. info
- POKORNÝ, Jiří. Úspěšnost zaručena : jak efektivně zpracovat a obhájit diplomovou práci. Vyd. 1. Brno: Akademické nakladatelství CERM, 2004. 207 s. ISBN 807204348X. info
- recommended literature
- ECO, Umberto. Jak napsat diplomovou práci. Translated by Ivan Seidl. Olomouc: Votobia, 1997. 271 s. ISBN 8071981737. info
- Teaching methods
- Individual work of the student on the preparation of the preliminary topic and research questions of the bachelor's thesis which will be further specified in the follow-up course RLBcKA015 (Seminar on Bachelor Thesis II); regular consultations with the thesis supervisor; presentation of preliminary topics and research questions during joint seminars and participation in mutual critical discussions between students in the presence of the course coordinator and theses supervisors.
- Assessment methods
- Colloquium is awarded by the course coordinator after his/her consultations with individual thesis supervisors.
Conditions for successful course completion:
(a) Presentation of the preliminary topic and research questions of the future bachelor's thesis at a joint seminar (20%);
(b) Preparation and submission of an annotated bibliography on the preliminary subject of the bachelor's thesis and its acceptance by the thesis supervisor (80%).
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
General note: Posluchači religionistiky povinně zapisují ve 4. semestru studia.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses