FF:PLIN006 Elementary mathematisc and sta - Course Information
PLIN006 Elementary mathematisc and statistics for Humanities, Pt. IIFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- RNDr. Miloš Jakubíček, Ph.D. (lecturer)
RNDr. Vojtěch Kovář, Ph.D. (lecturer)
doc. Mgr. Pavel Rychlý, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. PhDr. Jana Pleskalová, CSc.
Department of Czech Language - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Jaroslava Vybíralová
- Wed 12:30–14:05 L32
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Czech Language with Orientation on Computational Linguistics (programme FF, B-FI)
- Course objectives
- Students will get acquainted with more substantial information from the field of mathematics and statistics that can be used during their studies. This seminar follows the course called “Essentials of mathematics and statistics for humanities, Pt. I” and is focused especially on probability, random entities, graphs and graph algorithms and essentials of sententional calculus.
- Main areas: 1) Space for probability, qualities of probability, conditioned probability, Bayes’ formula, stochastic independence of phenomena. 2) Random entities, random vectors and their distributional functions. 3) Graphs: graph, sub-graphs, isomorphism, degrees of peaks, continual components of graphs, net. 4) Graph algorithms: distances in graphs, searching for the shortest route, acylic graphs trees and their properties. 5) Sententional calculus: definitions of sententional formulas, truthfulness and the possibility to get accomplished, normal forms.
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials