FF:KRBcSZk B.A. Final Exam - Course Information
KRBcSZk B.A. Final Exam in Classical Greek Grammar and LiteratureFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 0 credit(s). Type of Completion: SZK (final examination).
- Mgr. Bc. Kateřina Bočková Loudová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Juraj Franek, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. Mgr. Irena Radová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Jana Steklá, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Irena Radová, Ph.D.
Department of Classical Studies - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Jitka Erlebachová
Supplier department: Department of Classical Studies - Faculty of Arts
- KRPZk Qualifying examination
In order to be admitted to the B.A. exam (the comprehensive exam in Greek language and literature), a student must have obtained the required number of credits in his/her subject (viz. the requirements for credits A), must have successfully finished the courses compulsory for all students at the Faculty of Arts, and must have fulfilled the required readings. A student has to pass the exam between 6th and 9th semester of his/her studies (after 8th semester the latest).
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The B.A. state exam consists of a written and an oral part; a student takes both parts in the same exam period. The exam begins with the written part. The dates of the comprehensive exam (there are usually two in each exam period) are announced by the head of the department on the notice board so that students could sign up.
- Knowledge required for the exam:
- Detailed knowledge of Greek normative grammar and linguistic terminology.
- Detailed knowledge of the development of Greek literature and the awareness of its connections with the main periods of Roman literature.
- General knowledge of the sciences dealing with antiquity, their place in the complex of social sciences, and their disciplines and scientific methodology.
- Thorough knowledge of the required readings.
- NIEDERLE, Jindřich, Václav NIEDERLE and Ladislav VARCL. Mluvnice jazyka řeckého. Ve Vyšehradu 1. vyd. Praha: Vyšehrad, 1998. 288 s. ISBN 8070212837. info
- BARTOŇKOVÁ, Dagmar. L. Canfora, Dějiny řecké literatury. přeložil kolektiv autorů pod vedením D. Bartoňkové (přeložila cca 300 stran). Praha: Koniasch Latin Press, 2001. 893 pp. info
- další literatura je podrobně vypsána u jednotlivých povinných předmětů, jejichž úspěšné absolvování je k této zkoušce požadováno
- Teaching methods
- Written and oral exam. Examination by committee.
- Assessment methods
- Written and oral exam.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught each semester.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- KRMgrDipl Master's Thesis
- KRMgrD01 Master's Thesis Seminar I
- KRMgrSZk Final Exam in Classical Greek Grammar and Literature
- KRMgr01 Historical Development of Greek:methods and problems I
- KRMgr04 Reading Greek prose
- KRMgr05 Interpretative Seminar – Greek Epic and Lyric Poetry
- KRMgr06 Interpretative Seminar – Greek Drama
- KRMgr07 Greek Dialectology
- KRMgr21 Reading Aristophanes
- KRMgrDipl Master's Thesis