FF:JPNB31 Listening Japanese - Course Information
JPNB31 Listening JapaneseFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Mgr. Yuko Fridrišek (lecturer), Mgr. Zuzana Kubovčáková, M.A., Ph.D. (deputy)
Mgr. Miki Udržalová, BA (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Jiří Matela, M.A., Ph.D.
Department of Japanese Studies - Asia Studies Centre - Faculty of Arts
Supplier department: Department of Japanese Studies - Asia Studies Centre - Faculty of Arts
- Tue 8:00–9:40 C11
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- JPN221 Japanese language IV - Theory
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- Students further develop their abilities to understand spoken Japanese language in coordination with other language courses. They acquired knowledge of phonetic features of standard Japanese, further enrich their vocabulary, they are able to identify key information in spoken discourse in various contexts.
- Learning outcomes
- Upon finishing the course, the students:
-acquired knowledge of phonetic features of standard Japanese;
-further enrich their vocabulary;
-are able to identify key information in spoken discourse in various contexts.
- 1. Introduction; 2. Revision of basic phraseology; 3. Daily routine; 4. My family; 5. At a doctor; 6. Celebration; 7. In a theater; 8. Winter vacation; 9. Future career; 10. Physical exercise; 11. Mistakes; 12. Final exam.
- Banno, E.; Ohno, Y.; Sakane, Y.; Shinagawa, Ch.: Genki: An Integrated Course In Elementary Japanese. Tokyo. Japan Times, 2002
- Kawarazaki, M.: Mainichi no kikitori. Tokyo. Bonjinsha, 1992.
- AJALT, Japanese for Busy People I: Workbook, Tokyo: Kodansha International, 2006.
- Minna no nihongo, shokyū I. Tokyo. 3A Network, 1998.
- Makino Akiko (eds.), Chookai task 25, Tokyo: 3A Network, 2003.
- Kudoo Setsuko (eds.), Tanoshiku kikoo I, Tokyo: Bonjinsha, 1992.
- Teaching methods
- Listening to the audio materials with teacher’s further explanation. The focus is put on the ability to identify the key information within the spoken discourse. Speed of the speech and the rate of use of colloquial and phatic expressions become gradually higher toward natural spoken Japanese.
- Assessment methods
- Listening test. Active participation in the classes is also part of the evaluation.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/spring2020/JPNB31