FF:IJ1B018 Seminar of Italian Lit. (B) - Course Information
IJ1B018 Seminar of Italian Literature (B)Faculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
Taught in person.
- Daniela Shalom Vagata, MA, Dottore di Ricerca (lecturer)
doc. Paolo Divizia, Dottore di Ricerca (alternate examiner)
Egle Mocciaro, Dottore di Ricerca (alternate examiner)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Paolo Divizia, Dottore di Ricerca
Department of Romance Languages and Literatures - Faculty of Arts
- ( IJIA021 Italian Literature III || IJ1A023 Italian Literature III ) && IJ1A005 Practical Italian V
Italian Literature I and II
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Italian Language and Literature (programme FF, B-IJ_) (3)
- Course objectives
- "On the moons of the Italian literature" The course investigates the motif of moon in Italian literature, from Dante Alighieri to Andrea Zanzotto and Ermanno Cavazzoni. Through the reading of selected works of the motif of moon, the course intend to familiarize students with works of Italian writers along different centuries and in their literary and historical context.
- Learning outcomes
- The purpose of this course is to acquaint students with the history of Italian literature through the reading of a selection of literary texts on the motif of moon. Students are guided to study the basics of philology and stylistic analysis and acquire ability to investigate the macro- and micro- textual levels of the literary works.
- 13 lessons of 100 minutes each. Readings of selected texts by: Dante Alighieri Ludovico Ariosto Galileo Galilei Giacomo Leopardi Luigi Pirandello Tommaso Landolfi Dino Buzzati Lucio Piccolo Andrea Zanzotto Giovanni Macchia Italo Calvino Anna Maria Ortese Andrea Zanzotto Vincenzo Consolo Ermanno Cavazzoni Mario Pomilio Each reading will serve as an introduction to the study of the writers’ poetics and of his historical and literary context.
- Teaching methods
- The course will be conducted in Italian. Literary texts will be read in Italian. Students will receive weekly reading assignments and will be expected to actively participate in the class discussions. Students are strongly suggested to watch Federico Fellini's movie "La voce della luna".
- Assessment methods
- Attendance and active participation in class discussions. During the lesson students will be required to give an oral presentation on a text and author studied in the course. Final oral exam.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/spring2022/IJ1B018