FF:IM149 Digital games prototyping - Course Information
IM149 Digital games prototypingFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Mgr. et Mgr. Zdeněk Záhora (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Jana Horáková, Ph.D.
Department of Musicology - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Bc. Jitka Leflíková
Supplier department: Department of Musicology - Faculty of Arts
- Tue 12:00–13:40 B2.33
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 30 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 5/30, only registered: 0/30, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/30
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Theory of Interactive Media (programme FF, B-HS)
- Theory of Interactive Media (programme FF, B-OT) (2)
- Course objectives
- The course is focused on practical creation of digital game prototypes. The output and ongoing work is a typical iterative cycle of development: game design> prototype creation> playtest> repeat
- Learning outcomes
- Upon successful completion of the course, students will have: portfolio: . playable prototype skill-based digital games (2D, 3D, platformer) . playable prototype narrative-based digital games (exploration, game-book) . playable prototype card game ability: . design and analyze game mechanisms . create prototypes of games . visualize interaction systems . basic control and work in UNITY knowledge: . tools commonly used in the gaming industry . development cycle (pre-production, production, release)
- Students create games during the course both individually and in groups. game design | basics (rules, conflict, formal systems, motivation); genre specifics (asynchronous games, balancing, difficulty, onboarding, probability); narrative tools (non-linear dialogue, narration through the environment, audiovisual narration) work with tools VUE, Unity, Twine / Inklewriter game creation 2D skill based - platformer / shooter, 3D story driven, competitive card game, game-book
- Teaching methods
- . theoretical preparation . creation in class hours . working on projects in groups outside the classroom . project consultations
- Assessment methods
- . final (group) project . continually completed game prototypes
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/spring2022/IM149