FF:KSCB726 Political System PRC - seminar - Course Information
KSCB726 Political nd Social System of PRCFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Mgr. Bc. Magdaléna Rychetská, M.A., Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Bc. Denisa Hilbertová, M.A. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Lucie Olivová, MA, Ph.D., DSc.
Department of Chinese Studies - Asia Studies Centre - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Mgr. Bc. Magdaléna Rychetská, M.A., Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Chinese Studies - Asia Studies Centre - Faculty of Arts
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- TYP_STUDIA ( N )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Culture Studies of China (programme FF, N-MS)
- Course objectives
- The course illustrates the basic course Pol. and Soc. System of PRC. It aims at reading of some primary Chinese sources and secondary literature. The goal of this course is to introduce the basis characteristics of contemporary Chinese political system, it's strategies, long term goals and challenges. Focus will be on inner cooperation of CCP, it's leaders and the Party's hierarchy.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of this course the students will be able to:
- complete the image of Party's ideology
- use specific terminology
- discuss CCP´s strategies and soft power tactics
- restate the information from primary and secondary sources
- 1. Introductory lecture: Modern history overview
- 2. Reading week
- 3. Hodina: Third and fourth generation of Chinese Communists
- 4. Reading week
- 5. Hodina: Fifth generation of Chinese Communists
- 6. Reading week
- 7. Hodina: State structure and ideology
- 8. Reading week
- 9. Hodina: Territorial conflicts and international relations
- 10. Reading week
- 11. Hodina: Civil society, media and legal system
- 12. Reading week
- 13. Final lecture
- required literature
- Routledge handbook of the Chinese communist party. Edited by Willy Wo-Lap Lam. First published. London: Routledge, Taylor & Francis Group, 2018. xx, 421. ISBN 9781138684430. info
- Politics in China : an introduction. Edited by William A. Joseph. New York: Oxford University Press, 2010. xvii, 437. ISBN 9780195335316. info
- Teaching methods
- Seminars, discussions
- Assessment methods
- vocabulary tests
- reading of study materials
- classroom activitty attendanc
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Information on completion of the course: Posluchači Kulturních studií Číny povinně ukončují zkouškou.
The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
General note: Posluchači Kulturních studií Číny povinně zapisují v 1. semestru studia.