FF:TIM_BMK_04 TIM_Master classes - Course Information
TIM_BMK_04 TIM_Master classesFaculty of Arts
- Extent and Intensity
- 1/1/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Mgr. Martin Koláček (lecturer)
doc. Mgr. Jana Horáková, Ph.D. (alternate examiner)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Jana Horáková, Ph.D.
Department of Musicology - Faculty of Arts
Contact Person: Bc. Jitka Leflíková
Supplier department: Department of Musicology - Faculty of Arts
- Thu 24. 2. 21:00–21:50 VP, Fri 25. 2. 19:00–20:40 VP, Thu 24. 3. 21:00–21:50 VP, Fri 25. 3. 19:00–20:40 VP, Thu 21. 4. 21:00–21:50 VP, Fri 22. 4. 19:00–20:40 VP, Thu 19. 5. 21:00–21:50 VP, Fri 20. 5. 19:00–20:40 VP
- Ability to understand lectures held in English language.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 80 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 22/80, only registered: 0/80, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/80
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 8 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The main objective of the course is presenting different artistic and cultural practise through invited professionals from their field. Students can apply their knowledge acquired from interactive media studies. Connection of academic sphere with invited professionals is crucial. By the end of the course students will be familiar with artistic and cultural spheres related to the studies.
- Learning outcomes
- - to get to know local artistic and cultural scene
- to analyse presented artwork interpreted by invited guest
- to apply knowledge acquired during the studies to the practical examples
- to describe and compare contemporary czech and foreign new media art practiCe
- to apply practical skills and knowledge to theory of interactive media.
- - curated projections of czech and slovak video-artists
- - philosophy of new media
- - presentation of relevant gallery practice
- MediaArtHistories. Edited by Oliver Grau. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press, 2007. xii, 475 p. ISBN 9780262072793.
- JENKINS, Henry. Convergence culture : where old and new media collide. 1st published in paperback. London: New York University Press, 2008. xi, 353. ISBN 9780814742952.
- BARKER, Chris. Cultural studies : theory and practice. Edited by Paul E. Willis. 2nd ed. London: SAGE Publications, 2003. xxii, 485. ISBN 0761941568.
- Teaching methods
- - videos of professional lectures
- Assessment methods
- - TO PASS THE SUBJECT IT IS NECESSARY TO FULFILL FORMAL AND CONTENT REQUIREMENTS OF THE PAPER.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 80 hodin výuky/semestr.
- Teacher's information
- On-line course materials for students:
- Enrolment Statistics (Spring 2022, recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/phil/spring2022/TIM_BMK_04