PřF:B6330 Parasitology - Course Information
B6330 General parasitologyFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- prof. RNDr. Milan Gelnar, CSc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Milan Gelnar, CSc.
Department of Botany and Zoology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: prof. RNDr. Milan Gelnar, CSc.
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- ( B2180 General zoology || BX080 || B2010 General zoology || B2020 General zoology || B2080 General zoology || B2800 || B4380 || Ex_3165 Obecná zoologie || Ex_3166 Obecná zoologie a základy imunologie || Imp_9127 Obecná zoologie ) && ( B1030 Syst. & phyl. of invertebrates || B4150 Zool. of invertebrates || B4910 || Ex_3649 Systém a fylogeneze bezobratlých )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- Basic definitions and terminology, extend of parasitism, diversity of parasites, morphological adaptations of parasitic protozoa and metazoan parasites, life-cycles and reproduction, parasite-host relationships, parasite transmission and life strategy, parasite populations and communities, host behaviour and parasites, physiology and nutrition of parasites, metabolism and biochemistry of parasites, molecular biology and genetics of parasites, immunology and imunisation, chemotherapy and control, evolution of parasitism.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
General note: Kurz je povinný pro budoucí studenty oboru zoologie a ekologie.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/sci/autumn2001/B6330