PřF:Bi8882 Protected areas of Czech Rep 2 - Course Information
Bi8882 Protected areas of the Czech Republic 2Faculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0. 2 credit(s) (fasci plus compl plus > 4). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Mgr. Jan Roleček, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Jan Roleček, Ph.D.
Department of Botany and Zoology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: Mgr. Jan Roleček, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Botany and Zoology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- Bi5080 Basics of ecology
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
- Course objectives
- The main objectives of the course are the following: acquainting students with large-size specially protected areas of the Czech Republic (National parks, Protected landscape areas, Biosphere reserves); focus on the character of areas' natural conditions, mainly flora, vegetation and fauna; other aspects are also discussed (geology, geomorphology, postglacial landscape development, history of human settlement), with the aim to synthesize them at the landscape level; designated to all those who are interested in the ecology of the Czech landscape.
- Introduction: definitions of the types of large-size specially protected areas in the Czech Republic.
- Overview of particular areas: KRNAP, NP & PLA Šumava, NP České Švýcarsko, PLA & BR Křivoklátsko, Třeboňsko, PLA Blaník, Blanský les, České středohoří, Český kras, Český les, Český ráj, Jizerské hory, Kokořínsko, Labské pískovce, Lužické hory, Slavkovský les, Žďárské vrchy, Železné hory.
- Chráněná území ČR. Praha: Agentura ochrany přírody a krajiny ČR. info
- Teaching methods
- Lectures; attendance not compulsory, but suggested. Five-days field excursion.
- Assessment methods
- Oral exam.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught once in two years.
Information on the per-term frequency of the course: v lichých letech (jaro 2009, 2011, ...).
The course is taught: every week.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/sci/spring2019/Bi8882