PřF:F2180 Physical laboratory 1 - Course Information
F2180 Physical laboratory 1Faculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/3/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- doc. RNDr. Antonín Brablec, CSc. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Stanislava Debnárová (seminar tutor)
RNDr. Zlata Kelar Tučeková, PhD. (seminar tutor)
RNDr. Pavel Konečný, CSc. (seminar tutor)
RNDr. Richard Krumpolec, PhD. (seminar tutor)
doc. Mgr. Zdeněk Navrátil, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Galina Zrubcová (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Štěpánka Kelarová (assistant)
Mgr. Maroš Polaček (assistant)
RNDr. Luboš Poláček (assistant)
Mgr. Slavomír Sihelník (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Zdeněk Navrátil, Ph.D.
Department of Physical Electronics - Physics Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: doc. Mgr. Zdeněk Navrátil, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Physical Electronics - Physics Section - Faculty of Science
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- F2180/01: Mon 1. 3. to Fri 14. 5. Thu 13:00–15:50 Fp1,02039
F2180/02: Mon 1. 3. to Fri 14. 5. Fri 9:00–11:50 Fp1,02039
F2180/03: Mon 1. 3. to Fri 14. 5. Tue 8:00–10:50 Fp1,02039
F2180/04: Mon 1. 3. to Fri 14. 5. Mon 15:00–17:50 Fp1,02039
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- Mechanika a termika v rozsahu úvodní přednášky kurzu obecné fyziky.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Physics (programme PřF, B-FY)
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to provide students with the basics of experimental work in physics and at the same time to complete the basic course of physics with a practical part focused on experiments in mechanics, thermics and electricity. The specific objectives are to teach students work in the laboratory, methods of statistical data processing, critical analysis of results and finally the writing of scientific reports from the measurements.
- Learning outcomes
- At the end of the course students get the following skills:
Measurement of the basic physical quantities in Mechanics, Thermics a Electricity.
Evaluation of the experimental data including experimental uncertainty analysis.
Ability to write a report.
- 1. Introduction, experimental report, safety in laboratory. Theory of experimental errors. 2. Density of solid cylinder. 3. Measurement of electrical resistance. 4. Density, viscosity and surface tension of liquids. 5. Local free-fall acceleration - reverse pendulum. 6. Young modulus and shear modulus, electrical calorimeter, preparation part. 7. Electrical calorimeter, experimental part. 8. Poisson constant of air. 9. Measurement of temperature. 10. Measurement of voltage and current. 11. Thermal conductivity, preparation part. 12. Thermal conductivity, experimental part.
- Teaching methods
- Laboratory exercises.
- Assessment methods
- The 60% success at electronic tests solved during the semester, measurement of all given experimental problems and successful hand-in of all measurement reports (including upload of the final version of the report into IS homework vault with plagerism control) are required to obtain the credit. The measurement report has to be submitted not later than two weeks after the measurement. To be let to measure, it is required to pass (60 %) written test from the theory of measurement errors in the third week of semester within the learning of the first two teaching blocks and the succesfull pass of the electronic test of the measurement problem.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/sci/spring2021/F2180