PřF:F7511 Electron optics and Microscopy - Course Information
F7511 Electron optics and MicroscopyFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0/0. 2 credit(s) (fasci plus compl plus > 4). Recommended Type of Completion: zk (examination). Other types of completion: z (credit).
- Ing. Ilona Müllerová, DrSc. (lecturer)
Mgr. Tomáš Radlička, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Jana Musilová, CSc.
Department of Theoretical Physics and Astrophysics - Physics Section - Faculty of Science
Supplier department: Department of Theoretical Physics and Astrophysics - Physics Section - Faculty of Science
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Physics (programme PřF, N-FY)
- Course objectives
- Lectures give the basic principles of charged particle optics. Different approaches to the perturbation theory are described and applied to the optical systems with the rectilinear or circular central trajectory. The methods for the computation of electromagnetic fields of individual optical elements are discussed.
- ~High resolution electron microscopy: with (Ruska - TEM) and without (Binning and Rohrer - STM) optical elements. Mathematical tools for charged particle optics: approximative methods for the solution of the classical (Lagrange, Hamilton and Hamilton - Jacobi) and quantum (Schroedinger) equations of motion. The description of the beam in the phase space. The computation and practical realization of the rotationally symmetric and multipole magnetic and electrostatic fields. Optical elements in charged particle optics: lens,prism and mirror.
- HAWKES, Peter W and Erwin KASPER. Principles of Electron Optics: Basic Geometrical Optics. Academic Press, 1989. ISBN 0123333512. info
- HAWKES, Peter W and Erwin KASPER. Principles of Electron Optics: Applied Geometrical Optics. Academic Press, 1989. ISBN 0123333520. info
- HAWKES, Peter W and Erwin KASPER. Principles of Electron Optics: Wave Optics. Academic Press, 1994. ISBN 0123333547. info
- LENCOVÁ, Bohumila and Michal LENC. Optické prvky elektronových mikroskopů. In Academia. Praha: Academia, 1996. p. 15-62. ISBN 80-200-0329-0. info
- Teaching methods
- Assessment methods
- Lectures. Homework - discussion of a non-trivial problem in charged particle optics.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/sci/autumn2020/F7511