PřF:G2031 Geological field exercises - Course Information
G2031 Geological field exercisesFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
Taught in person.
- doc. Mgr. Jan Cempírek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Tomáš Kumpan, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Jan Cempírek, Ph.D.
Department of Geological Sciences - Earth Sciences Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: Ing. Jana Pechmannová
Supplier department: Department of Geological Sciences - Earth Sciences Section - Faculty of Science
- G1011 Introductory geological concen || G1061 Mineralogy || G1081 Palaeontology || G1021 Physical geology || G1011k Introductory geological concen || G1061k Mineralogy || G1081k Palaeontology || G1021k Physical geology
Principles of geology
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 38 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- Learning outcomes of the course unit The aim of the course is to show ground geological phenomena.
- Learning outcomes
- Upon completion of this course, students will be able to recognize: - basic rock components and structures - basic rock-forming minerals (quartz, feldspar, muscovite, biotite, hornblend, calcite) - bedding, foliation, ineation - unconformity - folds, faults, joints
- Locations where can be seen: - basic rock components and structures - basic rock-forming minerals (quartz, feldspar, muscovite, biotite, hornblend, calcite) - bedding, foliation, ineation - unconformity - folds, faults, joints
- recommended literature
- VÁVRA, Václav and Jindřich ŠTELCL. Významné geologické lokality Moravy a Slezska (Important geological localities of Moravia and Silesia). 1. vyd. Brno: Masarykova univerzita, 2014. 292 pp. 55 - Vědy o zemi. geologické vědy. ISBN 978-80-210-6715-8. info
- TUCKER, Maurice E. Sedimentary rocks in the field : a practical guide. 4th ed. Oxford: Wiley-Blackwell, 2011. xi, 275. ISBN 9780470689165. info
- SLÁMA, Jindřich. Geologické exkurze na některé lokality v okolí Brna. Edited by Rostislav Brzobohatý. 1971. 27 l. info
- Teaching methods
- field exercises
- Assessment methods
- Submission of report that contains maps with locations of all visited localities, description of each locality, requested documentation and sketches.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: in blocks.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 3 dny.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/sci/spring2024/G2031