PřF:XD010 MU Life Scinces Seminar - Course Information
XD010 Masaryk University Life Sciences Seminar sponsored by CEITEC and ICRCFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2/0. 2 credit(s) (fasci plus compl plus > 4). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. Mgr. Vítězslav Bryja, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. RNDr. Vladimír Sklenář, DrSc. (seminar tutor), doc. Mgr. Lumír Krejčí, Ph.D. (deputy)
doc. Mgr. Lumír Krejčí, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Karel Říha, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. Mary Anne O'Connell, PhD. (seminar tutor)
prof. Mgr. Jiří Damborský, Dr. (seminar tutor)
prof. Mgr. Stanislav Pekár, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Lucie Nesvadbová (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. Mgr. Vítězslav Bryja, Ph.D.
Department of Experimental Biology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: prof. Mgr. Vítězslav Bryja, Ph.D.
Supplier department: Department of Experimental Biology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 19 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The goal of the MU Life Sciences Seminar is to become an ongoing prestigious seminar series at UKB in the interconnected and complementary fields, collectively called "Life Sciences". The seminar series, expanding already successfully implemented CEITEC Structural Biology Seminar Series, is focused on currently growing fields, which combine modern methods of biophysics, computational modelling, imaging, biochemistry and molecular biology with "more classical" disciplines such as microbiology, cell biology, physiology, genetics, toxicology, developmental and evolutionary biology and medicine. Purpose: The purpose of the seminar series is to (i) invite to Brno renowned speakers from abroad to establish and develop professional contacts, (ii) create a Seminar Series of excellence, which will inspire and motivate both scientists and students at MU, and (iii) finally, to promote mutual contacts and interaction between individual labs/departments working at UKB. This seminar series includes the Mendel lectures. Community: All Departments and PhD programs, whose research encompass “Life Sciences” and are situated at UKB, are very welcome to join the Seminar Series. Format: One hour talk takes place each Thursday during the semester at 15:00 in lecture hall 114/A11, followed by happy hour for the audience at the bridge of A35 pavilion or outside the pavilion A11 (weather depended). Host (a person, which nominated the speaker) together with the administrator are responsible to arrange the program of visit for the speaker with the aim to maximize the interaction with interested local scientists.
- The actual program changes every semester and is based on lectures of invited experts.
- Teaching methods
- Seminar; Lecture & presentation
- Assessment methods
- 5 attendances at the Life Sciences lectures are required. It is possible to substitute an absence by attending a Mendel lecture. The attendance will be checked using the official attendance lists.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught each semester.
The course is taught: every week.
General note: předmět pro doktorský studijní program Chemie.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses