PřF:F8150 Optical properties of solids - Course Information
F8150 Optical properties of solidsFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/1/0. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: k (colloquium).
- prof. RNDr. Josef Humlíček, CSc. (lecturer)
prof. RNDr. Josef Humlíček, CSc. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Josef Humlíček, CSc.
Department of Condensed Matter Physics - Physics Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: prof. RNDr. Josef Humlíček, CSc.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- 1. Phenomenology, response functions. 2. Kramers-Kronig relaions. 3. Classical models. 4. Quantum transitions. 5. Single- and multiple-phonon absorption. 6. Free carrier plasma. 7. Interband transitions and critical points. 8. Overview of the properties of metals, semiconductors and insulators. 9. Experimental techniques.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught once in two years.
The course is taught: every week.
General note: S.