PřF:G1100 Principles of Geophysics - Course Information
G1100 Principles of GeophysicsFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/1. 3 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- RNDr. Jan Švancara, CSc. (lecturer)
RNDr. Libor Vejmělek, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Josef Havíř, Dr. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. RNDr. Rostislav Melichar, Dr.
Department of Geological Sciences - Earth Sciences Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: RNDr. Jan Švancara, CSc.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The lecture "Introduction to geophysics" reviews basic methods of applied geophysics used to study physical properties of the Earth crust. Following geophysical methods are lectured: gravimetry, magnetometry, exploration seismology, geoelectricity, radiometry and well logging.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses