PřF:M7110 Differential Geometry - Course Information
M7110 Differential GeometryFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 4/2. 6 credit(s) (fasci plus compl plus > 4). Recommended Type of Completion: zk (examination). Other types of completion: z (credit).
- prof. RNDr. Ivan Kolář, DrSc. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Ivan Kolář, DrSc.
Department of Mathematics and Statistics - Departments - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: prof. RNDr. Ivan Kolář, DrSc.
- Thu 9:00–10:50 07011
- M5130 Global Analysis
Before enrolling the course the students should go through "Differential Geometry of Curves and Surfaces" and "Global Analysis".
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Mathematics (programme PřF, M-MA)
- Course objectives
- The course presents the basic knowledge of contemporary differential geometry that propares the student for independent reading of mathe- matical literature.
- Lie groups and Lie algebras. Actions of Lie groups on manifolds. Vector bundles and fibered manifolds. Principal and associated bundles. Connections on principal bundles, parallel transport. Linear connections on vector bundles. Koszul's approach to connections on tangent bundles. Riemannian matric and the Levi-Civita connection. Some applications.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught once in two years.
General note: podzim 2006 jako konzultovaná četba.