PřF:Bi9480 Immunology of parasitic diseas - Course Information
Bi9480 Imunology of parasitic diseasesFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- RNDr. Jan Kopecký, CSc. (lecturer), prof. RNDr. Milan Gelnar, CSc. (deputy)
RNDr. Božena Koubková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Milan Gelnar, CSc.
Department of Botany and Zoology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: prof. RNDr. Milan Gelnar, CSc.
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- Bi6330 Parasitology || B6330 Parasitology || SOUHLAS
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The main objective of this course is: to explain immune response against parasite infections, including protozoans, helmints and ectoparasitic artrophods. This course is useful especially for students of parasitology, which will learn additional facts about parasite – host interactions. Attendants of the course should have basic knowledge of immunology from the past.
- 1. Immunity systems and mechanisms 2. Experimental immunoparasitology 3. Plasmodium and malaria 4. Leishmania a leishmaniosis 5. African trypanosomiasis 6. Toxoplasma 7. Schistosoma 8. Gastrointestinal hematodes 9. Nematodes invading tissues 10. Immunity against ectoparasites 11. Parasites and vaccination
- D.Wakelin: Immunity to parasites, Cambridge University Press 1996.
- K.S. Warren: Immunology and molecular biology of parasitic infection, Blackwell Scientific Publications, Oxford 1993.
- Doporučená literautura viz osnova přednášky
- Assessment methods
- oral exam
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught once in two years.
Information on the per-term frequency of the course: Předmět se vypisuje v sudých letech.
The course is taught: in blocks.
General note: Vypisuje se v sudých letech.
Information on course enrolment limitations: Minimálně tři studenti.