PřF:JAF01 English for Physicists I - Course Information
JAF01 English for Physicists IFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/2. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Milada Pavlovová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- Mgr. Hana Ševečková, M.A.
Language Centre, Faculty of Science Division - Language Centre
Contact Person: Magdalena Kunzová
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- JAF01/01: Tue 12:00–13:50 J2, M. Pavlovová
JAF01/02: Tue 8:00–9:50 J4, M. Pavlovová
- (! JAP01 English for Science 1 || ! JAP02 Angličtina pro přírodovědce 2 || ! JAP03 English for Science 3 || ! JAP04 Angličtina pro přírodovědce 4 || ! NOW ( JAC01 English for Chemists I ) || ! JAC01 English for Chemists I || ! NOW ( JAB01 English for Biology I ) || ! JAB01 English for Biology I || ! NOW ( JAG01 English for Geologists I ) || ! JAG01 English for Geologists I || ! NOW ( JAM01 English for Mathematicians I ) || ! JAM01 English for Mathematicians I || ! NOW ( JAZ01 English for Geographers I ) || ! JAZ01 English for Geographers I )
The knowledge of English at the grammar school level.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is only offered to the students of the study fields the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 73 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- General objectives: 1. to develop sufficient reading abilities for students to be able to work with foreign texts 2. to develop speaking abilities for everyday commucation needs 3. to develop listening abilities for everyday communication needs 4. to develop sufficient written abilities for students to express themselves in respective fields of study 5. to review basic principles of grammar in new contexts General tasks: Students will learn: 1) *cursory reading, text comprehension (skimming) *text information gathering (scanning) *grasping of main concepts within a given text *identification of main themes and various arguments withing given texts *inductive and deductive thought processes *discerning between fact and opinions *summarizing texts 2) To be able to speak about oneself, life, his or her studies 3) general aswell as specific understanding of spoken word (listing to recordings) 4) Resume writing and filling out of various application forms 5) consolidation of grammar in various contexts Evaluation: One written credit
- Syllabus of the course: 1.Texts from physics and other related fields according to current importance and interest (necessary vocab) 2.General texts (necessary vocab)
- The recommended literature - see the information of the teacher
- Přehled doporučené literatury - viz informace učitele.
- Assessment methods
- Seminar attendance is compulsory. Each course is concluded with a credit test. The passing grade of the credit test is 60%.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.