PřF:C8621 Adv in Environ Chem - Course Information
C8621 Trends and advances in atmospheric and total environmental chemistryFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0. 2 credit(s) (fasci plus compl plus > 4). Recommended Type of Completion: zk (examination). Other types of completion: graded credit.
- prof. Gerhard Lammel, PhD. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Ivan Holoubek, CSc.
RECETOX - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: prof. RNDr. Jakub Hofman, Ph.D.
- Students should have basic knowledge in environmental chemistry.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
The capacity limit for the course is 30 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 0/30, only registered: 0/30, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/30
- Course objectives
- At the end of the course students should have a basic understanding of environmental and atmospheric chemistry
- Atmospheric chemistry: - ozone chemistry: ozone formation dynamics, potential of hydrocarbons and trends, removal processes - oxides of N and S: acidity formation processes and trends (e.g. depositional), removal processes - aerosol composition, its transformations and trends (e.g. organic fraction and its implications, phase partitioning of semivolatiles), aerosol microphysical processes and their relevance for atmospheric sciences, aerosol effects: climate, health, process representations in modelling and application results (e.g. aerosol-climate effects, critical loads concept), removal processes Total environmental chemistry: - atmospheric and oceanic long-range transport, process representations in modelling and application results - final sink processes (chemical degradation, burial in the deep sea) - intercompartmental exchange processes: atmospheric deposition, volatilization from surfaces, multihopping and 'global distillation' hypothesis, process representations in modelling and application results
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every other week.