PřF:C1480 Intro to Math - seminar - Course Information
C1480 Introduction to Mathematics - seminarFaculty of Science
Autumn 2011 - acreditation
The information about the term Autumn 2011 - acreditation is not made public
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1/0. 1 credit(s) (fasci plus compl plus > 4). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. RNDr. Jaroslav Koča, DrSc. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Zdeněk Kříž, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Zuzana Novotná Jiroušková, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. RNDr. Radka Svobodová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Jaroslav Koča, DrSc.
National Centre for Biomolecular Research - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: prof. RNDr. Jaroslav Koča, DrSc.
- NOW ( C1460 Intro to Mathematics )
It expected that the student will enter the course with the basic knowledge of mathematics at grammar school level.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- Upper Secondary School Teacher Training in Chemistry (programme PřF, M-SS)
- Course objectives
- At the end of the course students should have very basic notions in linear algebra, differential a integral calculus of functions of one and two variables and differential equations at the lowest possible level. The course is focused on obtaining basic orientation in the field. It is accompanied by practically oriented excersisses, so the student will be able to solve basic tasks in the field.
- 1) Algebra of matrices. 2) Systems of linear equations and their solution. 3) Elementary functions and their basic properties. 4) Limits, derivatives 5) Inverse functions. Exponential and logarithmic functions. 6) Higher order derivatives. 7) Integral calculus. Basic techniques of integration. 8) Functions of several variables. 9) Partial derivatives. 10) Maxima and minima of functions of several variables. 11) Integration of functions of several variables. 12) Differential equations. 13) Simple examples on first-order equations. Boundary condition.
- Teaching methods
- Practical course.
- Assessment methods
- Credits are awarded for active participation in the seminar.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.
General note: Kurz je povinný pro studijní obor Učitelství chemie pro střední školy pokud není druhým studovaným (aprobačním) oborem učitelství matematiky nebo fyziky. Je tedy např. povinný pro kombinaci Bi-Ch.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses