PřF:C1480 Intro to Math - seminar - Course Information
C1480 Introduction to Mathematics - seminarFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1/0. 1 credit(s) (fasci plus compl plus > 4). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. RNDr. Jaroslav Koča, DrSc. (seminar tutor), doc. RNDr. Radka Svobodová, Ph.D. (deputy)
RNDr. David Sehnal, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
RNDr. Lukáš Pravda, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
RNDr. Tomáš Raček (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Zdeněk Kříž, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Veronika Švandová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. RNDr. Radka Svobodová, Ph.D. (lecturer)
Mgr. Ing. Crina-Maria Ionescu, Ph.D. (assistant)
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Jaroslav Koča, DrSc.
National Centre for Biomolecular Research - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: prof. RNDr. Jaroslav Koča, DrSc.
Supplier department: National Centre for Biomolecular Research - Faculty of Science
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- C1480/01: Wed 10:00–11:50 B11/205, T. Raček
C1480/02: Wed 14:00–15:50 C04/118, L. Pravda
C1480/03: Thu 17:00–18:50 C04/211, D. Sehnal
- NOW ( C1460 Intro to Mathematics )
It expected that the student will enter the course with the basic knowledge of mathematics at grammar school level.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
- Course objectives
- At the end of the course students should have very basic notions in linear algebra, differential a integral calculus of functions of one and two variables and differential equations at the lowest possible level. The course is focused on obtaining basic orientation in the field. It is accompanied by practically oriented exercises, so the student will be able to solve basic tasks in the field.
- 1) Algebra of matrices. 2) Systems of linear equations and their solution. 3) Elementary functions and their basic properties. 4) Limits, derivatives 5) Inverse functions. Exponential and logarithmic functions. 6) Higher order derivatives. 7) Integral calculus. Basic techniques of integration. 8) Functions of several variables. 9) Partial derivatives. 10) Maxima and minima of functions of several variables. 11) Integration of functions of several variables. 12) Differential equations. 13) Simple examples on first-order equations. Boundary condition.
- Teaching methods
- Practical course.
- Assessment methods
- Credits are awarded for active participation in the seminar.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course can also be completed outside the examination period.
The course is taught annually.
General note: Kurz je povinný pro studijní obor Učitelství chemie pro střední školy pokud není druhým studovaným (aprobačním) oborem učitelství matematiky nebo fyziky. Je tedy např. povinný pro kombinaci Bi-Ch.
- Listed among pre-requisites of other courses