PřF:S4002 Epistemology - Course Information
S4002 Law, ethics and philosophy of scienceFaculty of Science
Autumn 2011 - acreditation
The information about the term Autumn 2011 - acreditation is not made public
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/0. 2 credit(s) (plus extra credits for completion). Recommended Type of Completion: zk (examination). Other types of completion: k (colloquium).
- doc. Mgr. Jan Havliš, Dr. (lecturer)
doc. JUDr. Radim Polčák, Ph.D. (lecturer)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. Mgr. Jan Havliš, Dr.
Department of Biochemistry - Chemistry Section - Faculty of Science
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
- Course objectives
- This course is intended to assist participants in better understanding of the importance of law and ethics in science. A set of cases of scientific misconduct (fabrication and falsification of data, plagiarism, conflict of interest, authorship, etc.) will be discussed either from law, ethic or both points of view. The philosophical background of science will be also present in classical concepts like assumption, foundation and implication of science.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.