PřF:Bi0573 Microbiology dipl. thesis - IV - Course Information
Bi0573 Microbiology diploma thesis - IVFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/18/0. 18 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- vedoucí diplomové práce (seminar tutor)
prof. Mgr. Jiří Damborský, Dr. (seminar tutor)
Ing. Veronika Holá, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. RNDr. Zdeněk Hubálek, DrSc. (seminar tutor)
doc. Ing. Martin Krsek, CSc., MSc (seminar tutor)
doc. RNDr. Miroslav Němec, CSc. (seminar tutor)
doc. Ing. Bohuslav Rittich, CSc. (seminar tutor)
doc. RNDr. Ivo Sedláček, CSc. (seminar tutor)
doc. RNDr. Alena Španová, CSc. (seminar tutor)
RNDr. Ludmila Tvrzová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
doc. Mgr. Monika Vítězová, Ph.D. (seminar tutor)
prof. MUDr. Miroslav Votava, CSc. (seminar tutor)
- prof. RNDr. Renata Veselská, Ph.D., M.Sc.
Department of Experimental Biology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
Supplier department: Department of Experimental Biology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- General Biology (programme PřF, M-BI, specialization Microbiology)
- Course objectives
- At the end of the course students should be able to work with scientific literature, to identify the problem, formulate hypothesis which is subsequently tested by the series of suitable experiments in laboratories of the Microbiological Department or collaborating laboratories of other scientific institutes; to interpret results of experimental work together with the literature search and to elaborate Master’s thesis.
- 1. Literature search 2. Identification of problem 3. Hypothesis formulation 4. Testing of hypothesis in laboratory 5. Processing of experimental data 6. Writing of Master’s thesis
- Výběr literatury dle tématu Diplomové práce.
- Selection of items corresponding with the topic of master s thesis
- HIERHOLD, Emil. Rétorika a prezentace. Translated by Petr Kunst. 1. vyd. Praha: Grada, 2005. 392 s. ISBN 8024707829. info
- ŠESTÁK, Zdeněk. Jak psát a přednášet o vědě. Illustrated by Hana Kymrová. Vyd. 1. Praha: Academia, 1999. 204 s. ISBN 8020007555. info
- Teaching methods
- theoretical preparation, experimental work at laboratory, evaluation of results, writing theses/scientific papers
- Assessment methods
- Consultation with supervisor, study of scientific literature, experimental work in laboratory, evaluation of results, writing and defending Master’s Thesis, evaluation of the Thesis by oponent, presentation of the Thesis in front of the commitee, decision on the evaluation is based on consensus of the commitee.
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.