PřF:Bi0323 Exp. Plant Biology - Course Information
Bi0323 Experimental Plant Biology (Project)Faculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 5 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- prof. Ing. Miloš Barták, CSc. (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Josef Hájek, Ph.D. (assistant)
Mgr. Peter Váczi, Ph.D. (assistant)
- prof. Ing. Miloš Barták, CSc.
Department of Experimental Biology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: Naděžda Bílá
Supplier department: Department of Experimental Biology - Biology Section - Faculty of Science
- Mon 17. 9. to Fri 14. 12. Thu 8:00–9:50 A13-115
Students interested in experimental disciplines of plant sciences. - The course is taught in English. he course in intended for international students (ERASMUS, Experts Projects within ERASMUS Framework, CST 8931 Multidisciplinary studies at Faculty of Science, and other form of international student exchange at Faculty of Science, Masaryk University, Brno).
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- Fields of study the course is directly associated with
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to provide a chance to work in a laboratory on professional project. The main benefits are (1) practice, (2) experience, (3) team work with laboratory staff. The course is a true practice exploiting ´hands on´ approach with main emphasis given to instruments and modern methods in plant biology.
- Student project comprising experimental work in plant biology laboratory. Topic of the experiments is selected after meeting with student(s) and upon common agreement.
- Oxford Dictionary of Plant Science (ISBN: 0198608918)
- Teaching methods
- The course is a laboratory practice on selected professional topic in experimental plant biology under the tution of a teacher. Project is considered for 70 h spent in a lab according to student´s schedule and final written report about the experiment.
- Assessment methods
- Experimental work is assessed at the end of the course according to the amount and quality of laboratory work and overall student performance. Quality of written report is also evaluated.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
Information on the extent and intensity of the course: 70 h of work in a laboratory on project.