PřF:XS451a Communication skills training - Course Information
XS451a Communication skills train. 2Faculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/0/0. 2 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
- Mgr. Petr Holík (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Ondřej Přibyla (seminar tutor)
Mgr. Hana Vrtalová (seminar tutor)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. RNDr. Zdeněk Bochníček, Dr.
Department of Physical Electronics - Physics Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: Mgr. Ondřej Přibyla
Supplier department: Department of Physical Electronics - Physics Section - Faculty of Science
- Timetable of Seminar Groups
- XS451a/01: Mon 17. 9. to Fri 14. 12. Mon 12:00–13:50 J4, H. Vrtalová
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is offered to students of any study field.
The capacity limit for the course is 20 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 2/20, only registered: 0/20, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/20
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is improving students’ abilities to interact and communicate (i.e. listening and speaking) with people. Outcomes of the training are correspondingly dependent on individual dispositions.
- Learning outcomes
- After completing the course students will be able to:
Create and deliver a good short speech (5 min e.g. a personal introduction)
Structure a complicated idea, so it could be communicated to an audience
Give high qual
- Areas of training:
- Presentation Skills:
- Nonverbal expression - eye contact, movement of the speaker ...
- Short forms (5 min): personal presentation, Pecha Kucha ...
- "Capture the essence"
- Improvised performance on a given topic
- Structure your speech - how to deliver more comlicated topic
- Communication skills:
- Active listening
- Asking questions
- recommended literature
- PLAMÍNEK, Jiří. Konflikty a vyjednávání : umění vyhrávat, aniž by někdo prohrál. 2., aktualiz. vyd. Praha: Grada, 2009. 136 s. ISBN 9788024729442. info
- PLAMÍNEK, Jiří. Komunikace a prezentace : umění mluvit, slyšet a rozumět. 1. vyd. Praha: Grada, 2008. 176 s. ISBN 9788024727066. info
- not specified
- M.B.Rosenberg: Nonviolent communication
- Teaching methods
- Active training (individually or in groups) through exercises and activities followed by review or feedback.
- Assessment methods
- Homework is required throughout the semester. (cca 30 minutes a week, typically a preparation of a short spoken presentation, reading a necessary theory or watching a given lecture). Credit is awarded for active participation in lessons.
- Language of instruction
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Teacher's information