PřF:MUC22 Analytical geometry 1 - Course Information
MUC22 Analytical geometry 1Faculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 2/2/0. 4 credit(s). Type of Completion: zk (examination).
- Guaranteed by
- prof. RNDr. Josef Janyška, DSc.
Department of Mathematics and Statistics - Departments - Faculty of Science
Supplier department: Department of Mathematics and Statistics - Departments - Faculty of Science
- KREDITY_MIN ( 30 )
Knowledge of M1500 Algebra 1 and M2500 Algebra 2.
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 7 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The goals of the course are:
- analytical theory of linear geometric objectss in affine and euclidean spaces of any dimension with emphasis on plane and three-dimensional space;
- mastering of computer techniques for solution of positional and metric tasks;
- support spatial imagination of students.
- Learning outcomes
- Student will be able to:
- use the analytical method to solve the positional problems in the affine space of any dimension with emphasis on dimensions 2 and 3;
- use the analytical method to solve metric problems in the euklid point space of any dimension with emphasis on dimensions 2 and 3.
- Affine space:
- - dimension;
- - affine frame and affine coordinates;
- subspaces of the affine space and their expressions;
- - subspaces positions.
- Euclidean point space:
- - the Cartesian frame and the Cartesian coordinates;
- - distance of subspaces;
- - perpendicular subspaces and subspaces deviations.
- recommended literature
- SEKANINA, Milan. Geometrie. I. 1. vyd. Praha: Státní pedagogické nakladatelství, 1986. 197 s. info
- SEKANINA, Milan. Geometrie. II. 1. vyd. Praha: Státní pedagogické nakladatelství, 1988. 307 s. info
- HORÁK, Pavel and Josef JANYŠKA. Analytická geometrie. Brno: Masarykova univerzita v Brně, 1997. 151 s. ISBN 80-210-1623-X. info
- Teaching methods
- Lecture with a seminar.
- Assessment methods
- Examination consists of two parts: written and oral.
- Language of instruction
- Follow-Up Courses
- Further comments (probably available only in Czech)
- The course is taught annually.
The course is taught: every week.