PřF:G5511 Petrel & seismic stratigraphy - Course Information
G5511 Petrel and seismic stratigraphyFaculty of Science
- Extent and Intensity
- 0/1/0. 1 credit(s). Type of Completion: z (credit).
Taught in person.
- Mgr. Martin Šuťjak (lecturer), doc. RNDr. Rostislav Melichar, Dr. (deputy)
doc. RNDr. Rostislav Melichar, Dr. (alternate examiner)
- Guaranteed by
- doc. RNDr. Rostislav Melichar, Dr.
Department of Geological Sciences - Earth Sciences Section - Faculty of Science
Contact Person: doc. Mgr. Martin Ivanov, Dr.
Supplier department: Department of Geological Sciences - Earth Sciences Section - Faculty of Science
- Tue 15:00–16:50 Gl,02011
- Prerequisites (in Czech)
- ( (!( PROGRAM ( D - GE4 )|| PROGRAM ( B - GE )|| PROGRAM ( N - GE )|| PROGRAM ( D - GE )|| PROGRAM ( C - CV ))) || ( NOW ( G0101 Occupational healt and safety )&& NOW ( C7777 Handling chemical substances ))) && ( G1101 Principles of Geophysics || G1101k Principles of Geophysics )
- Course Enrolment Limitations
- The course is also offered to the students of the fields other than those the course is directly associated with.
The capacity limit for the course is 9 student(s).
Current registration and enrolment status: enrolled: 3/9, only registered: 0/9, only registered with preference (fields directly associated with the programme): 0/9
- fields of study / plans the course is directly associated with
- there are 58 fields of study the course is directly associated with, display
- Course objectives
- The aim of the course is to understand the basics of seismic stratigraphy and apply this knowledge in the Petrel program.
- Learning outcomes
- After completing the course, the student will be able to independently interpret and analyze the seismic section.
- 1. Seismic stratigraphy - general concepts 2. Seismic facies 3. Basics of sequential stratigraphy 4. Procedure for signal evaluation 5. Basic functions of the Petrel program 6. Application of theoretical knowledge in the Petrel program 7. Credit test
- DONDURUR, Derman. Acquisition and processing of marine seismic data. Amsterdam: Elsevier, 2018. x, 598. ISBN 9780128114902. info
- Seismic stratigraphy : applications to hydrocarbon exploration. Edited by Charles E. Payton. Tulsa, Okla.: American Association of Petroleum Geologists, 1977. vii, 516. ISBN 0891813020. info
- Teaching methods
- Exercise once a week
- Assessment methods
- Participation + credit test -> credit test will be in the form of exercises -> the student will independently interpret the seismic profile
- Language of instruction
- Further Comments
- Study Materials
The course is taught annually.
- Enrolment Statistics (recent)
- Permalink: https://is.muni.cz/course/sci/autumn2021/G5511